All reviewsfour poster bedhouse is beautifulcold meatstop floorcity centremodern bathroomattic roombreakfast was excellentbus stopminute walkcar parkfamily roombeautiful roomwhilst visiting yorkfirst flooron arrivalstayed longer
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My sister and I stayed here at Ascot House for two nights--lovely place, very clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was very modern, new shower, sink, etc. Staff quite helpful with suggestions of places to visit in the city. House offered free parking out back-perfect-and going into town was a quick 15-20 minute walk. Breakfast was very good with helpful staff ready to make a hearty breakfast at your request. Great place to stay!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this B&B during a long weekend stay in York. York is such a historic city with period buildings so it seemed fitting to stay in a lovely old Georgian house like this.

The first impressions are great, a wonderfully kept B&B with very helpful owners who were keen to make sure we had everything needed and impart some of their long earned York knowledge on us to help our stay be the best it could be.

The room was beautifully decorated with a huge period canopy bed and period furnishings. The en-suite was outfitted in a lovely modern style which made an interesting juxtaposition to the rest of the room.

We ate breakfast in the dining room each morning - continental meats/cheese, cereals and cooked breakfasts are available. After reading reviews of the exceptional standard of the full English I had that and it did not disappoint!

A beautiful house, clean and well furnished, gracious hosts and great food made for a 5 star experience for us

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Very easy to get to the city Centre about a 20 minute walk or plenty of buses
Walk along the wall around the city and visit the minster or museums if plenty of time visit the outside villages.
We had a good meal at the Wallnut Tree about 10 minutes walk away.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

WOW, was the first word that we both uttered on entry into our room, it was absolutely immaculate. Impossible to find fault with any part of our stay from arrival to departure. The location and secure parking arrangements were also 1st Class.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I found this little gem on the internet. Tried booking via booking.com but booking.com was down. So, I used the trusty Google and booked. This is supposed to be a weekend away for my other half's a birthday. We were greated by a fantastic 4 poster bed, very clean and tidy, not the largest room but perfectly big enough and spacious enough. The owner should be a tour guide. He directed us the perfect way to walk to the town centre getting the perfect view of Minster. I did note they had an award for the breakfast. I'd give them one too. As a caterer I can honestly say it was great. Not garish in portion size, just perfect, ample, filling, and more than enough to fill a gent who enjoys his food. Just wish the sausage was a little bigger as it had so much flavour. 10 out of 10. People who read my other reviews will see I don't hold back when I think it's wrong, and this place has it right.