2,205 results
All reviews race course grandstand room leisure club balcony overlooking leisure facilities race track city centre the penthouse steam room and sauna two double beds lovely hotel reception staff public areas buffet style large room bus stop family room
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Stayed for one night to celebrate our up and coming wedding anniversary, in our room was a surprise from the hotel of a piece of cake on a large plate with happy anniversary written on in white chocolate, a thoughtful touch from the hotel team, Thanks You.
Our room was more then we expected for the price we had paid it was a little bit of luxury :)
The bed was so comfortable, pillows amazing, bath room with shower and bath and the fluffiest of towels. Full size TV.
Easy access to York either by foot or by bus.
We ate at the onsite restaurant The Cast Iron Grill, great menu with attentive staff.
Thank You to all the Marriott team for a memorable stay :)

Date of stay: April 2018
John F, Assistant front Office Manager at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear kathyv09

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of your recent stay at the York Marriott Hotel. I'm glad that we were able to make your stay that extra special.

I will be certain to relay your feedback to the rest of the hotel team that it may continue to inspire and motivate our associates to deliver excellent customer service.

We hope that we may get to welcome you back to the York Marriott in the near future

Kindest regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my now fiancé stayed at this lovely hotel to celebrate our engagement. A little treat to ourselves and we will be going back again! We we're greeted by myles on reception who was lovely, very friendly and welcoming. Told him we was there to celebrate our engagement and 5 minutes of entering our room he turned up with a bottle of prosecco on ice with two glasses. I was so impressed and the stay just got better from there. Had a lovely meal in the hotel restaurant The Cast Iron Bar and Grill, the food was lovely. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and the breakfast was brilliant, loads of choice for everyone from fruit, yogurt, cereal, crumpets, toast and the traditional English breakfast. The hotel staff couldn't do enough for you. This hotel has an amazing view of York Race course and would love to stay here when the races are on, but I would think you'd have to book early. The hotel is in a really good location just off the A64 and about 30-40 minute walk from York centre. We will definitely be returning to this hotel. Thank you York Marriott Hotel and your excellent staff.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Emma H, Front Office Supervisor at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear JayneS1234,

Thank you for taking your time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us. We take pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations and your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to motivate and inspire them to provide exceptional customer service.

We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We got married here last month and couldn't be happier with our experience. Yvette made sure that everything was taken care of - she works so hard and we had the day of our dreams. If there was anything I needed, she took care of it and made us feel supported throughout.
I had the penthouse suite for the weekend and the bridal party got ready here. It was perfect. The food was amazing (thank you chef) and the whole day ran like clockwork thanks to Yvette and Liam. My guests had a brilliant day and the venue is beautiful. For the price we paid we were very happy. Thank you to all the staff at the Marriott.

Date of stay: March 2018

Dear Collette W,

Thank you for your fantastic 5 star review. I am delighted to hear about your special day!

Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I stayed here with my son, who had an interview at the University. It is easily reachable from the city centre by a frequent bus service and has absolutely fantastic views over York racecourse. The rooms are spacious and very clean (we had a slight problem with the air vent being a bit noisy but that is a minor quibble).
The staff at front desk are great, friendly and helpful. The leisure centre is also brilliant - spacious and well maintained.
The restaurant set menu is fantastically good value. Great food, great chef and attentive service. The breakfast next day was brilliant too - best I have had in years. Quality ingredients - amazing variety and carefully presented! Wish I could have stayed here longer, but will return.If only the the Marriott at Durham was half as good!

Room tip: Views over race course would be best
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DJCR2013
Emma H, Front Office Supervisor at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear DJCR2013,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in York and your stay with us here at the York Marriott. I have shared your feedback with the relevant departments as a good example and I hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

What a fantastic hotel!We had a room, with a balcony, that overlooked York Race Course.The room and amenities, were great.The staff were very friendly and helpful.We had breakfast, which was a buffet style breakfast.It was superb and lots of variety.I will definately stay again.We walked into York, each day, which was about a mile but a lovely walk.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Margaret M,

Thank you for your fantastic 5 star review. Your feedback is integral to continue to motivate and inspire our staff to provide exceptional customer service. I have shared your comments with the team to provide a good example.

Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back soon!