All reviews swimming pool steam room manager chris city centre lovely pool four poster minute walk the hotel manager lovely hotel car park the hotel is clean booked this hotel good size family room full english bus stop enjoyable stay
Reviewed 1 November 2018

I booked direct with the hotel for a midweek 3 night stay last week for myself and sister.
We had a large ground floor room with very comfortable single beds, bath and shower with plenty of hot water.
We used the swimming pool a few times, the pool area and changing rooms were immaculate. Clean towels were provided.
All the staff were lovely and friendly. We arrived early and left baggage at the hotel, map and directions of area provided by staff.
We didn't eat at the hotel but there seemed to be a nice choice for the evening menu. Extra tea/coffee/milk etc supplied on a table by reception, help yourself when required...very nice touch.
A great hotel and will definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
KILIMA, Manager at Best Western Kilima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Fletchers24,

I am very sorry for the slow response to your review but I have been on holiday.
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel I was so pleased to see you had a great time.
I look forward to your next visit but don't forget to give me a call direct on 01904625787 for the best price.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Had a three night stay as a family of five. Really enjoyed our visit having booked direct. Kids and I loved the 10m pool which was open between 9am and 9pm. Took advantage of the free parking as I had booked direct and we used the cheap and frequent bus service into the city which stopped directly outside the hotel, you could walk in if you fancy either. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice to suit us all. The kids slept in a side room off our room with a TV in which was ideal. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Overall we had a lovely time and would love to go back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
KILIMA, Manager at Best Western Kilima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear Barry K,
Thank you for your review of the hotel and thank you for booking direct I hope you enjoyed the discount from the internet.
I am so pleased you all enjoyed the swimming pool it is always a nice way to end the day.
I look forward to welcoming you back on your return but until then may I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Reviewed 28 October 2018

I had the pleasure of staying here for 2 days last week. A little bit wary of moving away from my tried and tested but so glad I did. A lovely old building creaking floorboards and all. Comfy room and lots of the usual little extras. But the biggest bonus here is the staff. They are so lovely. Helpful, friendly and genuine attentiveness. Especially the 2 young lads in the restaurant. Not the best selection on the menu for either breakfast or dinner, but what you do get is freshly cooked, piping hot and very tasty. Well done Kilima I will look forward to staying again

• Trip type: Travelled on business
KILIMA, Manager at Best Western Kilima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2018

Dear Jackie B,
I am so glad you did move and thank you for your great review of the hotel.
I will pass your comments on to the lads in the restaurant.
We are currently looking at upgrading the breakfast menu but I also prefer freshly cooked and served to a buffet style.
I look forward to your next visit but please call the hotel direct on 01904 625787 for the best price and free parking.

Reviewed 26 October 2018

We booked direct with the hotel. We were not disappointed the family room was excellent good size and extra room for children with TV and sitting area. Lovely clean hotel, everyone of the staff we spoke to were helpful, polite and just really lovely people. We could not have asked for more.
We checked in and was given map with Hooe to get into city walking or on the bus told us exactly how far to the bus stop.
Pool area great lovely clean towels .
Breakfast great really good selection and again great service by all staff.
Checked out and again great customer service. We will come back to this hotel our boys loved the pool, their room and breakfast.
Little gem of a hotel.

Dear SJSBSS,

I love nothing more than the map. It gives me an opportunity to show guests a lot of the things York has to offer although I freely admit you would be with me for a long time if I told you everything. York has so much to offer it is one of those places you can visit again and again and still find new things to do.
Don't forget to call on 01904 625787 for the best price and free parking if required but do visit the Visit York website for up to date information and hopefully soon a direct link to the hotel to make your booking.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

We visited York as a family of four and stayed at this pleasantly individual hotel for four very relaxing nights. I spoke to the the reception and they organised two single beds which our children found very comfortable. They couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. The room was an ideal size for us and had everything we needed. The children enjoyed the pool and I enjoyed the steam room! Breakfast was a very satisfying start to a long day being tourists in what is a wonderful and fascinating part of the world. We found the hotel to be a comfortable walk from the station but undoubtedly there would be buses etc. Having stayed in premier inn more times than we can count it's really nice to stay in a place that has a personality....perfect on a medium budget!

Dear Heather G,

It is always a pleasure to be able to help a guest out and we are a very family orientaited hotel been one of only a few in York with a swimming pool for the kids to enjoy.
Don't forget to call on 01904 625787 for the best price or in the near future I will be putting a direct link on the Visit York website.