Anyone wanting a romantic weekend get-away in the English countryside should seriously consider staying at the Middlethorpe Hall & Spa in York. It was peaceful, romantic and they had a fantastic wine list! We stayed in the Sir Henry Thompson room in the courtyard which was adorable. Dinner in the main house was a delight and service all weekend was five-star. We rented a car easily in Cambridge and drove up in about 2.5 hours. And getting to downtown York to shop and dine was less than 7 mins. Great value and I'd definitely stay again- next time in the Spring or Summer so I could spend more time in the gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York