A charming hotel but a little tired , needs some TLC. Staff are all wonderful very friendly, efficient and helpful, gardens are beautiful and interesting.
Having stayed at Bodysgallen another NT hotel I was expecting Middlethorpe to be of the same standard but it isn't and that's only because the furnishings and decor need attention. The bedrooms are very clean and comfy but again need attention. However whatever needs doing must be sympathetic and not lose the charm of the place.
The food in the restaurant was also very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall York