“Great food and lovely staff ”
Review of Red Chilli

Red Chilli
Ranked #259 of 951 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I came here yesterday and the staff was lovely to me and i ordered my food and came about in 15 mins later and i was so happy with the food and i could not eat it all tho so I took it home with me. I will be coming again and i will tell my mates about this place and going to book a party here for my birthday.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Visited here again with my family. We come here when we can and its always brilliant everytime. I hope they open one in London soon. It is always busy here and many chinese eat here, which is a good sign for authentic food. There was a waiting time of 20 minutes but definately worth the wait.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Absolutely awful food. Restaurant decor and ambience is nice but food is dreadful. Ordered Hot & Sour soup which was laced with maple syrup which I sent back. They put Worcester sauce on the table instead of soy sauce (also went back), and the crispy duck was decimated. They also gave us the wrong bill. They need to learn that not all westerners are clueless when it comes to Chinese or Oriental cuisine. They seriously need to up their game.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

I wished that I had read the latest reviews before visiting this dump. Poor service, surly staff, greasy bland food and they have the nerve to say that there is no service charge! Avoid this apology of a restaurant at all costs, particularly as there are many good places to eat in York.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

And 1 out of 5 is too high!

4 people for the set lunch menu.
12.15 arrived
12.25 ordered
12.50 Approached by member of staff advising that because there was a prebooked party that had just arrived (yes 3/4hr AFTER us) our food would be another 30mins!
Why didn’t she tell us this on arrival?
Given they were prebooked, couldn’t the restaurant have planned for this?!
13.05 starters arrived (well all 4 over a 10min time period)
13.20 still waiting for mains, despite having told the staff that we really needed to hurry as 2 of our party were in meetings.
13.30 one of our pastry had to leave for meeting.

On being presented with the bill, they had charged us for x4 set meals. We refused to pay for all 4 given their slow service meant one of us didn’t get the main! She the re-presented the bill charging us x3 and the full price for 1 starter! Arrogantly wouldn’t even acknowledge the poor service she had given.

Never have any of us received such dreadful service! They even turned over 12 people away (coming in 2s and 3s) while we were there! The restaurant was no more than 1:3 full!

Overall, disgraceful service, tepid food at best. Do not go here! There’s plenty of nicer restaurants a short walk away, trust me it’ll be worth the walk!