“Great food”

Trenchers
Ranked #15 of 225 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Visit here often always lovely food.
The service is always excellent.
Staff are so attentive.
Like to have the choice of potatoes instead of chips.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,842)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We always come here for fish and chips when visiting Whitby. Fast, friendly service and excellent food. Has the added bonus of a licensed bar too. No hesitation in recommending.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited on Easter Sunday. Had to queue outside for ten minutes but the same applies to all fish restaurants in Whitby at lunch time on a weekend when it’s raining! Everyone in our party had fish and chips with mushy peas. My wife had cod which she enjoyed and I had the haddock which was really nice. I ordered the medium haddock and this was a very large portion - I would say only order the large if you have a massive appetite. The service was very good and staff seemed well organised despite volume of customers. The restaurant was very clean too.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

To say this used to be the place to eat in Whitby we had a disappointing meal. I had a small cod and chips which was average and quite greasy. My other half had the regular cod which ended up being two small very flat and dry pieces of fish. Hate to say it but we can get a better fish and chips at our local pub miles inland!

Service was ok. For our meals and two lemonades it was over £30. Not great value and all in all a disappointment sadly.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

great value, good staff, very good food, very clean, toilets are as good as any top restaurant , the fish and chips are worth going back for time and time again, at various times I,ve brought all of my family here for various celebrations, even been known to drive the 100 miles on a Sunday to take my wife for a meal then drive home, god I sound like an advert ! but its that good.