“Amazing fish”

Magpie Cafe
Ranked #28 of 223 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

If your in Whitby you must come here and try the fresh cod, amazing, well worth the queue, be prepared to wait 20-40 mins as it's very popular

1  Thank Michael86aw
Write a ReviewReviews (6,664)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

A friend and I went to Magpie Fish restaurant Whitby. They where the best fish and chips I’ve ever had. The staff where very friendly the restaurant was spotless We will certainly going there again. Absolutely perfect for a party. Well done all the staff at Magpie.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Was told to come here by everyone when I told them I was coming to Whitby and it did not disappoint.
As soon as we walking in staff were very friendly and couldn’t do enough for you!
I had Fish Cake and chips and my partner had Cod and chips we also had mushy peas and gravy. The meals came and the portions were brilliant! I got 2 huge fish cakes and lots of chips. Even had to leave some at the end which I hate doing. The fish cakes were amazing. Best ones I’ve ever had! My partners fish was yummy too!!
Overall was a great experience and lovely food.

1  Thank Louise161718
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The 3 of us had fish and chips (haddock/cod). It was so tasty and fresh. Deserts were beautiful... Eaton mess and lemon curd sundae. Service was so efficient and friendly and great value for money

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Wow! Came here three times in just over a week and was impressed every time! Fish and chips cooked to perfection and I have never liked mushy peas apart from here!!! Lovely customer service from the moment we walked in the door to the moment we left. We must have picked the best time as there wasn’t a queue outside either. Will definitely come back here again!