“Mrs”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Corner House

The lounge, from the dining area.
Another angle of the lounge. Our lounge, perfect for cosy nights in!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The lounge, from the dining area.
Another angle of the lounge.
Our lounge, perfect for cosy nights in!
Our open plan kitchen!
The Green Room - with its super comfy king size bed (with super king sized duvet!).
The Blue Room - with two gorgeously comfy single beds (with double duvets!).
Our shower room.
Yes, this really is the view from almost every room in the cottage!
Another photo of the Tour De Yorkshire passing The Corner House on 1 May 2015!
View of the harbour
View of the east side and St Mary's Church
View of the Abbey and St Mary's Church from the beach
The star rating taking pride of place!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

toddy441
Willington, United Kingdom
“Mrs”
Reviewed 29 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Stayed in this little cottage for a weekend away, the cottage is beautiful with everything you could need .
It is spacious and beautifully decorated. The living room has all the mod cons you could need.
The bedrooms have again everything you need , the beds are large , comfortable and beautiful bedding.
The shower room is fantastic, powerful jets.
And to top it of the hospitality from the owner Nicola is fantastic , nothing is to much trouble and she goes above and beyond with help , tips and advice xx

29 Nov 2016
Hi,

Wow, what a brilliant review, thank you so much!

I'm chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay and liked what we've done to the place - that means an awful lot.

I'm also humbled to hear your comments about me; I just try to think about what I would want if I were going away, so I'm thrilled that it was okay for you.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us; you guys are welcome back any time!

VRH1
Downham Market, United Kingdom
“Little gem in the heart of old town.”
Reviewed 10 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

The location is perfect. I visited both shops either side - Humble's Pie and Mash, and the Spiritualist shop to have a Tarot reading. The cottage has everything you need. A fully functioning kitchen, efficient heating, a large shower, comfortable beds, TV's in all rooms and WiFi. There is not much that hasn't been thought of to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The cleaning staff were friendly and helpful. Nichola the owner is friendly and helpful and communication with her was excellent. I will book again and would recommend the Corner House to anyone thinking of renting a cottage in Whitby. The reason we chose this cottage is because of the personal service we received and it's location and facilities. We also found it cheaper than the hotel we have stayed in for the last 4 years. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Hope to be back soon!

Liked best: Everything.
Liked least: Parking can be difficult in Whitby during Goth w/e. Car park nearby. £7.50 for 24hrs.
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
10 Nov 2016
Hi,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review of our little cottage by the sea!

I'm chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the surrounding shops too - we're blessed to have such wonderful and varied ones so close by.

I'm really pleased that you liked what we've done to our place too, we've worked really hard to make it as comfortable and welcoming as possible, so am very humbled to hear that you appreciated our efforts!

We also like to think that we're very competitively priced, especially since we offer a full cottage for around the same price as a room in a B&B!

Thanks again for your great review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Mark B
Otley, England, United Kingdom
“Great little holiday home in terrfic location”
Reviewed 1 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Just back from a week staying in the Corner House. It was a very well equipped compact property, making very good use of the space. Both bedrooms are a good size and the bathroom shower is very spacious. The location is brilliantly central with all Whitby's delights within a few minutes walk.
However busy Whitby was (and on the weekend it was) we always stepped back in from the street and relaxed. We would have loved to have stayed longer.
Car parking is a challenge (as is recognised by the owner). The nearby long stay often had no spaces but we always found plenty of space in the long stays across the river which is only about 5 minutes walk. We were also able to park on street for free up the hill towards the Abbey, also only about 5 minutes walk cutting down through the houses.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Modern high quality facilities in a genuine old, central Whitby house
Liked least: The pot-luck parking (but nothing to be done about it in that location)
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
2 Nov 2016
Hi,

Thank you for your brilliant review!

I'm absolutely chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay in our little cottage and I'm so pleased that you liked how we've renovated it, as well as where we're located, we can't get much more central and it's what we fell in love with when we were first looking!

Thanks again for your great comments and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

10 Oct 2016
Hi,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review!

I'm absolutely over the moon that you've enjoyed your stay and liked what we've done to the little place.

We do love our cottage, which is why I'm always so touched and proud to receive such glowing endorsements.

You guys are welcome back any time.

suem1977
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage”
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Stayed at the end of September booked by my sister in law off eBay.lovely cottage on the quieter side of the harbour.homely and cosy well appointed.next door to a great fourties style pie shop,great music,great food.cottage well appointed and clean? Just a few tweaks like bathroom shower doors need cleaning, door runners(wouldn't spoil your holiday)and the rug in the lounge needed shampooing.would definitely stay again and would recommend to anyone.owner should be proud of her little home from home. very nice bedding and soft furnishings. just 1 thing that was annoying,people looking at leaflets in the windows perhaps you could fix to the unused door it wouldn't bother guests then.Go you won't be disappointed.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was quaint and unusual
Liked least: The stone floor
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
3 Oct 2016
Hi,

Thank you for your great review.

I'm disappointed that the shower doors weren't as clean as they usually would be, I'll have a chat with my cleaners. The rugs are due a deep clean in the next week or so, I'm looking around for some new ones too, just haven't found any like like yet though!

I'm also in an enviable location to be able to advertise my business to so many passers by and I can assure everyone that no-one can see through the net curtains, however, I am in the process of having some metal ones made, which Will be attached to the exterior, as these were only ever meant as a temporary measure for when the brochures had all been taken.

It's great to hear that you'd stay with us again and that you'd recommend us to your friends, you're welcome back any time.

Nichola x
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing