“Excellent location - excellent communication...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Corner House

The lounge, from the dining area.
Another angle of the lounge. Our lounge, perfect for cosy nights in!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The lounge, from the dining area.
Another angle of the lounge.
Our lounge, perfect for cosy nights in!
Our open plan kitchen!
The Green Room - with its super comfy king size bed (with super king sized duvet!).
The Blue Room - with two gorgeously comfy single beds (with double duvets!).
Our shower room.
Yes, this really is the view from almost every room in the cottage!
Another photo of the Tour De Yorkshire passing The Corner House on 1 May 2015!
View of the harbour
View of the east side and St Mary's Church
View of the Abbey and St Mary's Church from the beach
The star rating taking pride of place!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Meggymons...
Manchester
“Excellent location - excellent communication - excellent facilities”
Reviewed 6 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Been to Whitby a few times before, but not in a holiday let. We were 2 couples so was really looking for 2 double rooms but struggled with finding one that we really liked. I came across this one and, although it was 1 double, 1 twin, it seemed to fit our other requirements and was incredibly central. So I thought, let's give it a go. I'm so glad we did. It's not a huge cottage, but trust me, it's certainly big enough. Downstairs is open plan - kitchen, dining table and 2 sofa's with a flat screen TV. Board games in the cupboard and the kitchen was fully stocked (even a washing machine!). Whilst we didn't do any cooking while we were there, I could see that the place had been fully stocked with anything you could need. The owner, Nichola, is incredibly professional and clearly takes this place seriously and has a lot of love for it. I did worry that we hadn't heard from her 2 days before we arrived, but don't worry, you get everything you need sent over to you the day before arrival with the code for the key and wi-fi sent on the day of arrival.
Upstairs there are 2 rooms, both with plenty of space and both very bright and well decorated. The duvets are so thick and fluffy that you feel like you need to go weight training to lift them off you :) The bathroom was spotless. Nice big shower (no bath - but hey, it's not essential) and a really airy feel to it.
The location is perfect. It's over the bridge onto Church Street (main "old town" shopping street) and to the right. There are 3 pubs close by, but there more "local" type pubs rather than touristy. That being the case, you'd probably think it would be noisy around there.....but it's not at all. The shops obviously close come teatime and the bars are less busy as most of the tourists are either home or will be in the pubs on the other side of the bridge. The 3 pubs are actually really nice and relaxed if you want to give them a try. You really wouldn't believe how lovely and quiet it is overnight though. Obviously, you need to bear in mind that you are close to the harbour so you will hear the boats early morning if you have your window open, but it's actually really nice (in my opinion, anyway!). The only really noisy bit was the bin truck on Monday morning but hey, we needed to be up early to be out by 10 anyway. That, to be honest, was the only downside. I really could have done with a bit more time on the last morning - 4 adults and packing to be out by 10 was a bit of a rush but you can't have it all. As for parking....well, this is Whitby. There is a car park just by the harbour, 2 mins from the property. This does get busy though so you might not get in. We managed s space on the Friday, but there wasn't a hope on the Saturday and Sunday, so we went up to North Cliff - it's about a 10 minute walk away, but Whitby isn't that big a place so it's not too far. On the morning we were leaving, we simply collected the car and then loaded up right outside the property.
I'd most definitely recommend this lovely little cottage. It's convenient, very clean and exceptionally well run.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and the feel of the place
Liked least: Early start and parking (but that's Whitby for you!)
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
7 Oct 2015
Hi,

Wow, thank you so much for your brilliant and comprehensive review.

I'm absolutely chuffed to bits that you decided to give our little cottage a try, especially since you haven't stayed at a Whitby holiday let before - I'm glad you had a good first experience!

I'm pleased that you loved the location, we did as soon as we saw it too, as it's really quiet but very close to everything. The sounds of the harbour and its wildlife are also nice in my opinion too!

I appreciate that the time that we ask our guests to vacate is a little bit early but this is something that our cleaners requested, so that they can have a good length of time in which to clean and make it ready for our next guests.

I'm also really happy that you would recommend our cottage to your friends and family.

I look forward to also welcoming you back any time.

Reviewed 2 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Liked best: Location
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
People with disabilities Older travelers
2 Oct 2015
Hi,

Thanks for your brilliant review.

I'm chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay at our little cottage and liked what we've done to the place!

I'm also over the moon to hear that you are planning on staying again; you're welcome back any time.

Shirls B
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended 5 stars”
Reviewed 16 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

A stunning well equiped cosy cottage in central whitby. A short walk from bus/railway station. Lovely home from home feel with comfy beds a great shower and well equiped kitchen....tv in each room too. Right next door is an excellent pie n mash shop and a great chip shop opposite. Its in a busy area but once we were in the cottage you couldn't hear any street noise at all. A superb place to stay and enjoy the delights of whitby. We will certainly be booking again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfy beds great shower
Travelling group: Friends
16 Sep 2015
Hi,

Thank you for your brilliant review of our little cottage.

I'm over the moon that you enjoyed your stay and liked what we've done to the place. Yes, the beds, shower and kitchen are my favourites too!

I'm also glad to hear that you want to stay again, you're more than welcome, any time!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Travelling group: Young Children
14 Sep 2015
Hi,

Thank you for your brilliant review and I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our little cottage. I'm also really pleased that you found it family friendly, that means a lot.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back at any time.

Take care,

Reviewed 22 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
22 Jul 2015
Hi,

Thanks for the brilliant review of our little cottage and I'm thrilled to bits that you like what we've done to it.

I'm especially glad that you liked the beds and shower - they're my favourites too (as well as the kitchen!)!

I'm also happy that you're planning on staying with us again - you're welcome at any time.

Nichola
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 119
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing