“Basic but spot on”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Easter Morn

View out of up stairs dormer window
upstairs bedroom down stairs twin bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
upstairs bedroom
down stairs twin bedroom
lounge
newly crazy paved yard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lilbootoo
York
“Basic but spot on”
Reviewed 26 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I booked Easter Morn for a school reunion weekend. I only needed a base and somewhere to crash out after a night (or 2) of drinking with my old pals and didn't want the fuss of breakfast in a crowded b&b with a hangover.

I was lucky to book for an incredibly reasonable price and was kept well informed by email and text about my booking. I received the key and excellent directions in the post and was easily able to find the cottage and the parking (a few streets away, standard for Whitby!).

The approaching stairs are slippery when it's raining but that added to the charm.

The cottage itself is a little dated but the beds and sofa were comfy and that's what matters. The previous residents obviously weren't up to washing up very well but that was nothing a quick rinse couldn't sort. The shower needed a bit of TLC but was fully functional so again, no worries.

The stairs to the attic bedroom are fun, they're all different sizes and made me giggle. My tall room mate had to duck a couple of times but he survived. Some of the floors are a little wibbly, adding to the delightful fishermans cottage feel.

The free wifi was an unexpected bonus and very handy as mobile data signal isn't the best on the coast.

I'd stay again, it was so reasonable and I loved being right in the centre of town.

jerome182...
Louisville, Kentucky
“Away from it all”
Reviewed 3 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

My family has stayed at Easter Morn for the past three Christmases. It is quiet with helpful owners.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quaintness and quiet of the cottage.
Liked least: The bathroom is a bit removed from the main bedroom.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
16 Jan 2016
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us
Andrea M
“DO NOT BOOK THIS COTTAGE”
Reviewed 11 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

On arrival at the cottage, my husband, myself and our Labrador were dismayed to find we had to carry all our luggage up very steep stone steps (due to there being no parking facilities) to the cottage. The stone steps leading up to the cottage was twice covered in human urine ( there was a club situated nearby and it's customers ( who were all pissed) would urinate on the steps. There was rubbish littered all over the bottom of the steps. We felt in need of oxygen and feared having a heart attack once we had reached the top and that included Alfie the dog!

Once inside of the cottage we were confronted with a filthy kitchen - and I use the term 'kitchen' very loosely - the cooking utensils and kettle were greasy and dirty. Cooking in that kitchen would have made a bushtucker trial seem appealing. Just making a cup of tea was a feat in itself as I had to boil anything I used before I felt I could drink from any cup.

The shower room was horrendous and no, I am not being OTT here. I did not want to brush my teeth from the grimy taps, The bedrooms, well, I can not find any words to describe them. Needless to say, we cut our break short and came back home. We felt dirty and distressed that we had to actually sleep there. I still keep checking my skin for any signs of scabies!!

Liked best: coming home
Liked least: staying there
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
12 Sep 2015
You were asked if things were ok and was told that they were. We do mention about the steps and also state that the cottage is not suitable if you have walking difficulties. We have over 60% rebooks on that cottage and you can read about 200 testimonials on our Facebook page. The people that followed in are here for the 6th time this year, the people before you have booked for next year. We welcome pets and ask that you clear away pet hairs we spent 2 hours removing dog hairs when you left. We are sorry that you not happy with the cleanliness of the cottage if you had complained on your arrival we would have given you a full refund if you did not wish stop
cazyf
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed 23 September 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I wouldn't recommend this cottage to any of my family or friends. It wasn't very clean and smelt of cigarettes. The walk up the steps to the cottage wasn't very enjoyable as men were usually standing at the bottom drinking and smoking. There was a constant 24/7 hum from the air conditioner from the near by club which also sent a stream of fat cooking smells up to the cottage. The "garden " wasn't a garden it was full of rubbish and broken glass which I had to clear up before my dogs could go in it.
But if you smoke and enjoy the smell of cooking fat go for it !

Liked best: Leaving
Liked least: the steps
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ian W
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“We really enjoyed our stay”
Reviewed 16 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We felt that the Cottage had an authentic fisherman's cottage feel to it, if you are looking for luxury it isn't for you, but if want a cosy base very handily situated indeed then I'd recommend it. Access up some stone steps is no problem, one of our party has a knee problem and she found it perfectly ok. John was kind enough to sort out some wi-fi for us. Had a lovely time in Whitby and the N Yorks Moors

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing