“A thoroughly enjoyed & cosy getaway.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Abbey View

Entrance Living Area with kitchen in the background
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Entrance
Living Area with kitchen in the background
Kitchen
Bathroom
Twin Bedroom
King Size bedroom
King Size Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
hu11box
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A thoroughly enjoyed & cosy getaway.”
Reviewed 18 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

The Cottage exceeded expectations, it was so cosy & warming; ideal for a short getaway! The owner Sharan left milk and chocolate digestives for us upon arrival; a warmly welcomed treat.

I cannot fault the cottage, it was exactly what I was looking for when planning a surprise getaway for my girlfriend. The beds were incredibly comfortable, and the overall cleanliness of the cottage was second to none. It was modern throughout and there was nothing to grumble about whatsoever.

Whitby was as welcoming as I was led to believe, and the fish and chips are to die for! I would recommend Royal Fisheries, which was a mere 3 minute walk from the cottage; and open 'till 8pm most days and 9pm on Fridays!

We will no doubt be returning to this cottage, as it left us feeling fresh & rejuvenated for the coming weeks.

Thank you very much Sharan!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
18 Nov 2015
Thank you so much for your review. I cannot take all the credit as I have an excellent cleaner and I will pass on your comments to her.
Royal Fisheries is my favourite:)
richandei
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Cosy cottage and great location.”
Reviewed 18 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We really enjoyed our stay. It was so cosy to go back to after a days walk. Warm and inviting and So easy to relax in, just a few steps to negotiate to access the property. Everything you need is there from cooking pots to towels, cutlery to complimentary soap for the shower and hand soap for the basin , all bed linen provided and very clean too.

Next floor up two twin single beds and top floor master bedroom with great view of the Abbey.

Will want to return, very clean inside, and good value for money. I particularly enjoyed the location, so quick to get to the town centre. Parking is not provided but I found plenty of room on chubb hill 100 meters away near the park for free, and my car was safe throughout the stay.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Eating chips watching the tv :) and the comfy decor and bed made it for us
Liked least: Nothing to dislike here.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
20 Oct 2015
Thank you so much for the review. I look forward to welcoming you back :)
StuAndCla...
Chester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Stay, Central Location, Spotless Accommodation, Only a few Minor Negatives”
Reviewed 6 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Had a wonderful long weekend stay with the family and a perfect little quaint spot in Whitby.

The house had everything we needed for our stay and was great even with a 2 year old that wanted to roam everywhere. Spotlessly clean with lovely decor and furnishings to make our stay a comfortable one. There are a few tricky steps to negotiate to get in and out so not recommended for the elderly or people with mobility issues, but this added to the quaintness of the house for us!

The only slight negatives were the lack of parking (Whitby is an absolute nightmare for it and no allocated parking space did present issues with a small child especially). We also had some rather rowdy and unpleasant neighbours staying at the same time - nothing that anyone could do about it, just a bit unlucky and the noise traveled at 2am!

All in all though a lovely break and first class accommodation - will look to stay at one of Sharons larger houses in the near future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and internal finish
Liked least: Parking!
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway
6 Aug 2015
Thank you so much for you your review. Hope you decide to visit again soon :)
Rebecca A
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage - already booked again”
Reviewed 6 June 2015 for a stay in March 2015

This was my third visit to Whitby with my children and partner. I previously stayed in another of the owner's properties (Seagul Cottage), which was perfect too. I loved staying at Abbey View. The owner always provides all the information needed, and the welcome pack has lots of extra infrmation - the milk and biscuits are also a lovely welcome.I also got my shoppng delivered staright to the cottage which was perfect. The cottage was just perfect for 4 of us - homely and beautifully decorated. It is a perfect location to explore Whitby. The local Thai restuarent was amazing and we enjoyed the boat trips, abbey, ghost walk and walked to Sandsend.

I have already booked my next trip (in the summer) at one of the other, smaller properities for me and the children and I can't wait. Whitby is lovely and the properties from coastal properties Whitby make our stays even better.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cosy and close to the centre
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
7 Jun 2015
Thank you for your great review. I hope you enjoy Garden Court just as much:)
james Dun...
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
“Loved everything about our stay, home from home.”
Reviewed 15 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

We have visited Whitby for the past 5 years and have enjoyed all our visits.
Luckily on this occasion we were treated on arrival to the Tour de Yorkshire - magnificent.
Only to then find probably the best cottage we have stayed in up to press.
Excellent quite location and a very short stroll into the town (200yds)
A quaint cottage having lots of character with tasteful décor to a very high standard.
Have already recommended to others and will continue to do so.
''EXCELLENT''

Liked best: The whole experience of staying at the Abbey View Cottage
Liked least: Coming home
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
15 May 2015
So glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Whitby and also Abbey View. I appreciate you taking the time to let others know. Hope you decide to visit again soon
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing