“Our short break in this property”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Maritimus Cottage

A view of the riverside cottages - Maritimus 2nd from the right
A view of the cottage from the riverside beach. The view from the front room .... you don't get closer to the river and beach than this !!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
A view of the riverside cottages - Maritimus 2nd from the right
A view of the cottage from the riverside beach.
Master bedroom benefits from en-suite facilities, solid oak furniture, wardrobe and bedside table.
Additional double bedroom with fabulous views across the harbour.
View from the upstairs double bedroom window.
Single bedroom with views across the harbour.
Lounge area with 40 inch flat screen TV, DVD and Sky TV.
View from the lounge window
Family bathroom with large shower and roll top bath.
Modern galley kitchen with induction hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 56 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Discover5...
“Our short break in this property”
Reviewed 29 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Cannot give you enough positives. We have just arrived and home and our only regret is that we wish we had been able to have a longer stay ! The cottage was beautifully clean, compact and had everything we needed. The location and views were superb. We will definitely be in touch to stay again, possibly even later this year. Thanking you

30 Jul 2017
Thank you for your review. I am so glad the you enjoyed your time at the cottage and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
TendaB
Cheam Surrey
“Quaint Cottage”
Reviewed 25 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Myself and friends never imagined Whitby would be so exciting. We all loved our stay there. Maritimus Cottage was very nice. It had everything we needed. It was clean and tidy and we all loved our stay there. I wouldnt recommend it for people with walking difficulties although my husband did manage the stairs and slope into the cottage. The view from the windows was well worth the effort. We loved the ever changing scenery. I even bought a wooden seagull to remind me of their noise !! Give Whitby and Maritimus cottage a try. You will love it. Thank you Adam and Whitby.

30 Jul 2017
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the home comforts and views at the cottage. I hope your wooden seagull purchase brings you find memories of your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
louisacar...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fabulous seaside break”
Reviewed 16 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This is the second time we've stopped at Maritimus cottage and I'm certain it won't be the last. The views from each room are amazing. Very clean and comfortable. My 4 & 6 year old love it here...such a good location...seconds from a little beach. Highly recommended.

16 Jul 2017
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you all enjoyed the cottages' comfort and the views over the harbour. The beach beneath the house is great fun for children. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Whitby.
emmas6612
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great location for beach, abbey, shops and 119 steps”
Reviewed 15 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The cottage was nicely presented and is in a super location for experiencing Whitby. We had a great stay and enjoyed being in quite a quiet location but near the hustle and bustle. Super family bathroom. Only problem was there didn't seem to be any blinds/curtains in the bedroom window upstairs so we had to fashion a curtain out of a blanket! Also the bedlinen is feathers which is a problem for allergy people so luckily I had brought my own pillow! Would be happy to stay at the cottage again to enjoy the amazing Whitby beaches/piers etc. Was a lovely holiday!

Your age range 25-34
25 Jul 2017
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry about the upstairs blinds - the previous wooden blinds didn't fit the front of the dorma windows that were all replaced last year. I'll look into alternatives for this. I'll also swap the duvet / pillow spares at the cottage for anti-allergen ones for future guests use.
Jennifer...
“Beautiful little cottage”
Reviewed 9 July 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Stayed here in April 2017. Beautiful little cottage right in a central location. Small beach just outside the cottage which was perfect for my little boy. Just a few steps away from the Main Street in the old part of Whitby. The cottage is quite small but it is well presented. Furnished lovely and lots of quirky little features. Beautiful views of the harbour from living room and bedroom windows. The only downside was no parking, there are lots of paid car parks a short walk away but as we went at quite a busy time these were often pretty full, but this didn't bother us too much as we always found a space. Overall really enjoyed our stay. If we were to return to Whitby we would definitely consider staying in maritimus cottage again

10 Jul 2017
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your time at the cottage and it's location next to the beach and old town shops and restaurants. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Whitby.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing