“I Love Whitby”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

manu-girl...
surrey
“I Love Whitby”
Reviewed 28 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

I love Whitby it has such a lot to offer and lots of lovely little lanes with great shops. Church vView is actually over one of these great shops 'Judith's Fabrics' which offers a lot to the sewing enthusiast. It is a great little cottage over three floors and has a very nice homely feel to it. I particularly loved the lounge with the bay window which was filled in so you could sit on it if you so desired. The church was oposite - hence the name - so a reasonable view from the lounge. I went to do some writing and also a little sightseeing. I managed all 199 steps up to the Abbey in one go which was great! Mind you I did have a practice in the morning but only managed 150 in one go that time. I wandered around the lovely shops purchasing an ariginal piece of artwork to take home.
Back to the cottage which has all the comforts of a home from home. It was easy to prepare food in the kitchen which is not huge but was very adequate for my needs. The bedroom I used had a very comfy bed and duvet and some mornings I did not want to get up. I have to say that sleeping in that room on the road was a couple of times a bit noisy but that wouldn't stop me staying there again. The bathroom was very roomy and had both a bath and an overbath shower that was really lovely first thing in the morning.
If I am going to be picky then I would recommend that there is a good sharp medium sized knife and there be some normal size forks as the ones in the cottage were dessert and I wasn't able to load them up when eating - but that is being really picky but I feel it's worth a mention.
Would I stay again? Absolutely - so the fork issue isn't that bad just a little niggle.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole thing
Liked least: Nothing really
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 13 April 2012 for a stay in January 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing