“ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jak159
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT”
Reviewed 24 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Returned yesterday from a 4 night stay in the Boathouse, have to say, I booked this quite a while ago & since then there have been some less than reassuring reviews & I was starting to dread our visit, BUT i'm delighted to say, we loved every minute of it, Ok, so it's a little pricey, but hey, you're paying for the uniqueness of the place & it truly is unique... If i'm honest, it is in need of a bit of a spruce / freshen up in the décor dept, but nothing major, it was spotlessly clean when we arrived & as promised there was a parking pass waiting for us... I contacted Chloe ( 1 of the owners ) a couple of times before & during our visit & she was very helpful every time... Parking is a bit of a nuisance.. you have to park right over the other side of the Quay from the Boathouse, but it's no real effort, this is I hasten to add, no fault of the owners, these are Whitby Council rules, the Harbour is to be kept clear for the lifeboat crew at all times... bit of advice.. the night before we left, we brought the car down to the harbour, loaded everything we wouldn't need into it, then on the morning of departure we just had the 1 bag to carry with us... If you want to visit Whitby & stay somewhere completely different, you would be pushed to beat the Boathouse... we had a great time

Liked best: Uniqueness
Liked least: Parking
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
28 Sep 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review, it means so much to us that you have enjoyed your stay in our unique little Boathouse. We hope to see you again sometime soon.
With many thanks
Chloe & Stewart
TalcyChes...
Chesterfield
“Great location”
Reviewed 4 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

Well a great location beautiful view of the harbour we stayed for 2 nights August bank holiday
The place is amazing but needs a good clean. Bed sheets stained grubby cushions on the sofa had trouble lighting the fire television a waste of time the outside needs a good clean a good sweep with a brush and a wash down needed
At £180 a night would have expected better. Maybe a bottle of bubbly on arrival would be a nice touch
Parking would be good. We could not get the car down when we arrived but did manage on departure

5 Sep 2016
Many thanks for your review, we are sorry you have had this experience with us at The Boathouse. I will address the issues you have mentioned with our housekeepers. I am sorry we no longer can offer parking with our property, it has been decided by the local council due to access to the lifeboat so we are only given loading access.
We Love Whitby Team
noodlek
“Such a shame!”
Reviewed 28 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

We booked to come here for our honeymoon for two nights mid week. We were charged £200 per night even though it says midweek rates are £150. Picked the keys up and arrived at 2.30pm only to be told we couldn't check in yet because they were still cleaning the property from the previous users. Obviously a little disappointed after waiting in Whitby all day on a very hot day with luggage and the hopes of being able to freshen up and get changed. We don't drive so we'd travelled by coach. Just bought food from the local shop to eat in the property but when we eventually got in at 4pm the cleaner was still in there. Carpets were soaked from the cleaning. It looked tidy and worn and torn here and there but liveable. Nice location. Complimentary bottle of champagne but no glasses to drink out of! It was the no wine glasses that tipped me over the edge at the thought of having to buy my own glass after all that money paid! We tried numerous times to contact someone from the property to no avail. Out of principle we left. For the £200 a night we were expected to pay it just didn't reflect the quality of the accommodation, we left with our money and no deposit back. Ruined our honeymoon and the first time we'd been away together in six years! Could easily
Be an amazing place to stay with proper organisation and a bit of tlc.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
28 Aug 2016
Many thanks for your review, I am very upset to read it as I have tried contacting you twice on the number you gave me upon booking. As I explained on the voicemail how sorry I was about the situation you came across. When our housekeepers arrived to clean The Boathouse at 10:30am that morning the previous guests had left the bedroom carpets in such a state that we had to arrange a rug doctor so that we could get it all cleaned. When you arrived our staff explained the situation and said if you were popping out later she could pop back to do it then or she would be another 40 minutes, you said you were happy for her to do it at the time and you were relaxing on the decking. When she called to inform me of this problem I asked her to get you a nice bottle of Bubbly as a way of an apology which you have said you did receive, there are plenty of champagne and wine glasses in the cupboard downstairs in the kitchen, unless the last people broke them (I will ask the girls to check on the next changeover but so far the next people haven't brought that to my attention). I would happily offer you the deposit back but I am unable to get in touch with you to arrange this. You asked if you could pay on arrival which I was happy for you to do so it was only when the money wasn't left that we checked and realised you hadn't stayed. I can only apologise to you for the inconvenience caused, we did try and do everything we could to make this right for you. I hope this hasn't put you off in the future, I would be happy to offer a discount to you. Please contact me, I would really like to speak to you rather than email or through Trip Advisor to express our apologies.
Chloe
pauledavi...
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon treat from our family”
Reviewed 20 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

we both love Whitby and decided to have a weeks stay for our honeymoon when we found the Boathouse to be free at the right time. this is a great little hideaway in Whitby and would highly recommend it for 2 people staying. apart from a few minor things we would of gave it 5 star rating. the decking area was lovely to sit out on a cool evening but could of done with being brushed and washed down before we arrived. only 1 loo roll and no dishwasher tablets. A very old sky TV box which is out of date for the newish TV if I had of known I would of gave you one of my HD boxes I had spare. the bedding was too much for the summer time so we just used a sheet to cover us. a little bit more attention to cleanliness before new guest arrive as there was dust and cobwebs and some light bulbs need replacing, however we had a fabulous time and thank you for the card you left us celebrating our wedding day that was very thoughtful.

Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
22 Aug 2016
Many thanks for your kind review, I will address the issues you have mentioned, thank you for letting me know.

Kind regards
We Love Whitby Team
shirleyv6...
Fife, United Kingdom
“Great Location Disappointing Accomodation”
Reviewed 14 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

I have visited Whitby for many years with my family, staying in a variety of accommodation.
I chose the boat house as a special treat as the location and pictures looked amazing.
I am fairly well travelled and have stayed in many homes and hotels from
3-5star and usually find that the tariff charged generally reflects the standards. I am realistic about the traffic that flows through holiday lets and am aware that decor and furnishings do become worn however sadly the boat house fell well short of our expectations of £180.00 a night stay.
An amazing building in a fantastic location our disappointment lay with the interior and general condition of furnishings very tired in places and not what we had expected. The living area was very well used and furnishings dingy, cushions on sofa unclean, the patio doors were dirty, I'm aware it must be hard to keep clean in the middle of a harbour , but kitchen roll and water transformed the in a few minutes. The fire had no instructions and as it was gas after a couple of failed attempts to light it we decided to leave it.
The tiles on the kitchen and bathroom floor cracked/broken in places, a hazard and I advise footwear be worn at all times. The kitchen was modern and well presented however some issues with safety carrying hot food and drinks up the narrow spiral staircase . I would not recommend for anyone with mobility problems or of a larger stature. The bedroom was quirky and adequate however the bedding was well used, pillows flat and stained. Bed covers did not appear fresh. We bought two at the local shop and a light quilt to make our stay comfortable. TV had only one station , bed wall lamps did not work.Th le out door decking was ideal but needed a sweep and a good wash, dying pot plants with the remains of previous tenants fishing tackle and litter. I do not like to give such a negative review but feel I need to be honest as I rely on these sites when selecting places to stay.
Again a great building sadly in need of love care and attention to detail to give the people who rent the experience they deserve for the tariff. We decided to stay as we travelled 5 hours and love whitby and with a few tweaks made it a bit more comfortable, but overall a disappointing experience.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Standard of accommodation, and attention to detail.
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
26 Jul 2016
We apologise you haven't had the best experience in The Boathouse, we will address everything that you have mentioned. My Mother who looked after the business passed away very suddenly in February and I am now looking after everything so I appreciate your feedback and will get all the problems addressed as soon as possible. Its difficult as we are fully booked until September now.

Chloe
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 243
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing