“Cool Wine Bar”
Review of The Wallow

The Wallow
Ranked #118 of 907 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: USD 13 - USD 19
Description: Our self-service wine dispensers allow customers to explore our ever-changing selection of wines in a relaxed and informal setting. 52 bottles of wine on tap including 4 sparkling. For each offering, customers can taste a small sample before committing to a larger glass.
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Chilled out atmosphere with dispensed wines over 3 levels (basement, ground, first). Pre-book if you want to go on an evening to make sure you can get a table. Great place to go for some pre-dinner drinks and charcuterie. Have been here close to 10 times, and always love it. The first floor is my personal favorite, with a great fireplace and nice lounge space/tables and chairs. Good selection of wines and the staff is always friendly. Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys wine!

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

A fab idea which is practical and not gimmicky. You get a card load money onto it and help yourself to trying and drinking over 40 different wines. The food is good but the wine is the centre stage. Staff are attentive without feeling stalkerish. This venue has 3 floors of seating and wine. The basement is cosy and romantic whilst the other floors are cute and elegant. Sofas and comfy chairs on all floors. If you want a sofa in the eve on a weekend them book to avoid disappointment. My favourite day in Norwich involves eating at East 26 with a carafe of Voigner (3 shops up on the same street) then mooching down to the Wallow for a Wallow.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

My brother first took me here in October 2016. I can honestly say this is now one of my favourite places to go in Norwich. I like the idea of having more of a snack menu than a full on menu. Lovely wines (not just wine but other drinks are available). So reminds me of the series Friends.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

We really enjoyed The Wallow. Great self service concept, excellent platters (cheese selection was a little disappointing for wine pairing). Not cheap but stylish great atmosphere. The service is chaotic, 1 waitress (Georgia) was doing everything, literally running up and down stairs, clearing, changing bottles etc. While the 3 staff members downstairs stood and chatted, a shame. Music was hit n miss, a bit heavy at times. Would definitely return. Recommend staff explain the concept to new arrivals. Loved the decor

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Had a lovely afternoon here with my wife and friends. Afternoon staff very knowledgeable about the wines and very friendly. However when we asked for the bill the evening waitress simply asked for my wife's credit card without presenting us with a bill. When my wife asked for the bill again, several members of the staff became quite agitated and almost rude.

So for me go for lunch and leave before the evening staff come on shift.

There are plenty of great places to eat and drink in Norwich who have friendly staff. Personally I would go to one of these rather than The Wallow, disappointed really.