“Just pure vintage class”

Harriets Cafe Tearooms
Ranked #147 of 889 Restaurants in Norwich
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Step back in time and visit Harriet’s tea rooms .
A pure pleasure to sit sipping tea and take in the atmosphere of a 1920s 30s tea room
A true delight

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Lovely tearooms and staff, but the fish and chips that my sister and myself ordered were awful. The fish was supposed to be cod, but could have been dogfish. The batter looked inviting but was soggy and floury inside. The chips were cooked in too high a fat, or else it needed cleaning. We both left most of our meal, but didn't complain to the staff as we were trying to enjoy a family get together and both my sister and I didn't want the company we were with to feel embarrassed. We will not go again and we will not recommend.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stopped into Harriet’s Cafe Tearooms on a whim while on holiday in Norwich. A charming if modern interior with a pianist made for a lovely setting.

The staff were friendly and very attentive. The afternoon teas were very good, sandwiches very light as they should be (this is afternoon tea, folks, don’t expect a whopping big sandwich!), the scones were lovely, although more clotted cream wouldn’t have gone amiss. The portions of the cakes on the top tier were massive - but they acknowledged this by offering us a box and stating that they expect it.

Would be very happy to go back here.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

I went to Harriet’s for a friends baby shower. We were given the room at the top of the building which was a lovely big room and was really nice. I have to say service was excellent, it was a lovely experience and a real treat to have a private room but if you haven’t got the quality within the food it doesn’t matter where you are it all feels disappointing and that’s what it was. I had the top priced tea experience £26.00, bubbly was fine but the cream tea for me was so bland. Sandwiches edible, 2 small scones edible, and a selection of small cakes, some edible others not so, which was so disappointing as I can assure you when it comes to your table it looks Devine and you really do go ooohhh, but once you make your way through this glorious delight that’s been placed in front of you, that’s when it starts to go downhill. Such a shame because this tea room is a real delight and who doesn’t like a cream tea experience.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in for a treat breakfast, the French toast was amazing! Staff were really friendly and service was excellent.