“Excellent food and welcome”
Review of B'nou

B'nou
Ranked #19 of 903 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2018

We enjoyed our anniversary meal at b’nou and the welcome was warm and friendly. Each tapas dish brought to our table was a culinary discovery, which included meat, fish and vegetarian all so delicious we ended up having all nine choices. Finishing with two wonderful desserts which we shared, the evening could not be faulted.
If you want silver service go to the Ritz, if you want a genuine warm welcome and superb tapas then b’nou in Norwich is the place to go ( just book early because the room is small which adds to the ambiance)

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We booked the restaurant midweek for a special birthday and were overwhelmed with the whole experience. The ambience was relaxed with the staff informative and attentive. The food was varied with many memorable dishes. The pricing was reasonable. We will be delighted to recommend the restaurant to all our friends.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Myself and my partner finally visited B'nou after years of meaning to try it but there never being any availability for months. We had a friendly welcome and a good explanation on how the meal worked. We had 7 main dishes and shared a dessert with a bottle of white wine which came to £55.70 which I feel was very reasonable. Meatballs, whitebait, halloumi & cous cous, chorizo and sweet potato mash and pork cheek were a few dishes we tried and enjoyed. I was expecting the food to be a bit more creative to be honest, something different and special but it was rustic and homely and everything was flavoursome.

This restaurant doesn't have social media so all bookings are word of mouth which is amazing considering they're booked up for three months in advance. The atmosphere was relaxed, staff friendly and food was good. Worth a visit but didn't live up to my expectations considering the 3 month wait for a table.

1  Thank marthiex
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed all the courses - loved the pea and feta bruschetta. Staff really friendly and service was good with an explanation of tapas dish before accepting it! Chocolate brownie was lovely! Water already on the table which I liked and wine not too expensive! Will definitely go again

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Both my partner and I have waited about 18 months to eat here for various reasons but it was well worth the wait. Relaxed atmosphere with the loveliest service - it was like being round a friend’s for a dinner party. Yes it’s a bit loud but I didn’t find it intrusive, it added to the feel for me - mimicking the small restaurants you get in the Mediterranean. The no menu concept is superb and I loved that everybody in the whole restaurant sat down to eat at the same time, there was no in and out or people loitering waiting to be seated so we could relax the whole time.
The food is nothing short of amazing, it’s the best tapas we have eaten in the UK by a mile, coming close to the real deal that we have eaten in Spain and Portugal. We tried all 9 dishes plus dessert and we couldn’t pick a favourite between the four of us that dined. It was all seasoned to perfection with the perfect balance of flavours in every one and the panna cotta was AMAZING. We came away satisfied but not stuffed so the portion sizes were also on point.
Fabulous value for money, in total we had 18 savoury dishes, 3 desserts, 6 large wines, 3 gins, a beer and 2 cokes and it was just over £40 a head.
We will definitely be returning and I cannot recommend it enough. For a business to rely only on word of mouth and have a 3 month waiting list it speaks absolute volumes.

1  Thank Samantha G