1,097 results
All reviewsfootball pitchnorwich citycarrow roadmatch dayspitch viewfootball fanspitch sidefootball clubtwo double bedsretail parkfootball matchexecutive roomcar parkreception staffmodern hotelper nighttrain station
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night in a family room which had two double comfy beds large tv large bath with shower and a view of the football ground. Martin on the desk could do with a bit of people skills as didnt chat very much but msy be that just because it was getting late when we checked in. The lady on breckfast was lovely though cant remember her name something starting with m. Breckfast was amazing was plenty of hot and cold food available with hot and cold drinks including an amazing smoothie.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank lanaHarvey
Hiren V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review, I am pleased to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable. I will of course have a quiet word with Martin as this is very unusual of him, Martin has been with us for over 7 years and he regularly receives positive guest feedback.

I am really delighted to hear that you enjoyed our award winning breakfast especially our homemade smoothie, perhaps you could try our freshly made pancakes next time they are amazing too!

See you soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We booked in with my 2 granddaughters aged 8 and 12 and I’d already requested an upgrade ( paid for) which I was told they’d given us but when checking in told the room only had one bed ! Given a room with 2 double beds which was small and unpleasant
And I ended up sleeping on a chair ! It was really noisy above us and I tried to contact reception 3 times but they never answered the phone!
Breakfast was a joke ! Total chaos and not enough staff I wouldn’t stay here again

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and first and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall you experienced during your stay.

You initially booked a standard twin room for two adults and two children, all our twin room have two double beds which is advertised on our website. You opted in for an upgrade for a Suite which only has one king size bed. Obviously as we had the availability we agreed to upgrade you to a suite as we thought your plans might have changed, however at check-in my team noticed that you had two children and hence they stated that the suite only have one king size bed. Having checked your bill I can confirm that you have not been charged for the upgrade. This was not an error, just slight confusion over the upgrade and please accept my apologies if this caused you any issues.

It is very unusual for my team not to answer the calls and please be assured that I will discuss your comments with my front desk team. Throughout the night my team does floor walks to ensure all our guests are respecting each others privacy.

In regards to breakfast yes we did get caught out on one of the morning, unfortunately couple of our breakfast team members had a family emergency and we were unable to get any cover last minute. I am very sorry that this caused an issue and I can assure you this is not our usual standard and we regularly receive positive feedback for our breakfast and indeed my breakfast team.

I am sorry to hear that you will not be using our hotel again in future.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Spacious rooms for families - very clean and comfortable rooms and bathrooms. Double bed was much bigger than standard and very comfortable. The standards fit my expectations of the Holiday Inn chain but it was the exceptional staff that made our visit so memorable. This was a last minute booking due to a nightmare issue with a rented apartment (no hot water and very dirty) - just goes to show how hotels are still worth the extra price. Breakfast included in our rates was delicious - shout out again to the breakfast staff you really made our days :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria Z
Hiren V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you Maria Z for your lovely feedback, my team is over the moon! Many thanks for recognising their hard work and I am sure we will see you very soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night with our 2 children. All the staff were very friendly and attentive. We had dinner in the restaurant in the evening and it was very nice. I didn’t see Holiday Inn as a family brand but they catered really well for children. We had breakfast too which was very busy but there was plenty of choice. The waitress asked if the children wanted pancakes freshly made and they loved them! Our room was clean and had everything we needed. Parking was easy. The hotel is right by a retail park and there are lots of restaurants nearby. We will definitely be returning if we are in the area.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Hiren V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you JodyRob for your lovely review, my team is delighted with your comments and thank you letting me know that they were friendly and attentive. Our freshly made pancakes are very popular with children and it's great to hear you two children loved them. We look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Booked two double rooms over the weekend for two nights. On arriving found a stained dirty bath mat in one of the rooms. It had three stains, I don’t know if it had been forgotten by bedroom staff or if it had been washed. However, I feel either way it should not have been left. Also on examination one towel also had a stain but looked as though it had been washed. The bed linen was beautifully ironed and bed and situation, overlooking the football pitch were lovely. We had a great night’s sleep. Also situation of hotel is ideal, five minutes walk to hotel from station and 10-15 to city centre,

We had prebooked dinner on both nights for 6.30p.m. This is the earliest that dinner can be served. We were the first people in the dining room. Placed our orders but the starters had not arrived until after 7.15pm. A bus party came in after us and we were not served until they had been served their second course. However, we did get a reduction on our meal, which at least was a gesture.

On the second night, we arrived again 6.30p.m. to be shown to a table right at the entrance to the dining room by a staff member. There were plenty of empty tables. I asked if we could move to another table as we were just at the entrance where people would be passing closely to you and standing to be seated, but was told that we couldn’t. When the final member of our party joined us he immediately asked if we could be moved, without knowing I had already asked. Reluctantly we were eventually allowed to move.

Now, all the staff, except one, which I have mentioned, were welcoming and friendly. Also a special mention to Jesse the dining room manager, she is truly amazing and a credit to your company.

Finally, breakfast is one of the best I have had in a hotel.

1  Thank blackbird134

Many thanks for your comments and comprehensive review. I am very sorry to hear that you found stain on bathmat and towels, this is really unusual of my housekeeping team. Please be assured that all our linen is sent to wash everyday once the room is occupied regardless of the linen been used or not to ensure all our guests have the best experience. Our linen is also electronically tagged so we can confirm it has been washed to the highest possible standards and the quality is within it's life expectation.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with your dinner, however the group you are referring had arrangements four weeks prior to their arrival. They booked dinner for 6.45pm however due to a breakdown they were slightly delayed which unfortunately delayed other guests including you. I am pleased to hear that you accepted our gesture and apology.

I will have a quiet word with the staff member you are referring as clearly they need more customer service training and once again please accept my apologies for the issue.

Jessie is over the moon with your comments and thank you for letting me know that she was truly amazing, we recently promoted Jessie to a Duty Manager role and it reinforces that we made the right choice.

My breakfast team is also delighted with your comments, especially our chef (Lumi) and thank you again for your kind words.

I trust we will get opportunity to welcome you back in near future.