“Meet a colleague”

Heartsease public house
Ranked #648 of 909 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Wanted to go to a pub I used to frequent called the Canary on Heartsease Estate but now pulled down: however, the Heartsease was a very good alternative for atmosphere and food.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Although the Heartsease is only a 3 minute walk from our house my wife and I hadn't been along for a few months. Visited today with our two grown up sons (who have big appetites and actually declined desserts!) and enjoyed an excellent lunch, great value and quality. Full marks to the friendly and efficient owners. At their very modest prices it's almost cost effective to have your main meal there each day, even with Aldi across the car park!

Date of visit: February 2017
2  Thank decoaddict
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Pop in after work to meet a friend for quick bite to eat after work , very unfriendly , made comments about my accent as I am polish , said they couldn't understand me , really didn't want to serve us . Food ok not amazing ok value , but won't be returning

4  Thank Dreamer631689
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Nicky and Joe are a lovely pair who take pride in making you feel comfortable and happy.the food was surprisingly nice. I didn't expect much as the prices are low however it was delicious I had the burger with onion rings and chips add a pint for £1.50 don't mind if I do. All In all it was a pleasant evening and I am also told they have bands and weekly raffles so I will be returning.

1  Thank theburgerkid
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

We stopped in at the Heartsease Pub on our way to the city for a quick bite. We were not expecting too much but both the food and the service were really very good. Unbelievable prices too. The new management Nici and Joe were friendly and helpful. The whole place was clean and it has a real family vibe. Great place for a drink or a meal or both. We will be going back for the soon to be famous home cooked carvery on Sunday. Its well on its way to being a proper family venue. Thank you for bringing back a real local pub.

1  Thank Gina C