“Superb range of vegetarian and vegan food”
Review of River Green Cafe

River Green Cafe
Ranked #52 of 903 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: USD 5 - USD 27
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Vegan and vegetarian food made in house in the picturesque village of Trowse, just outside Norwich city centre, and within walking distance of Whitlingham Broad and park. Fresh, seasonal menu with an emphasis on local products and producers. Fully licensed with an extensive list of vegan and organic wines. Suitable for groups and families, we also welcome well behaved dogs!
Reviewed 9 December 2016

Arrived at 5pm on a Saturday on a day that Norwich City football team were playing at home (about 1.5 miles away) so we were lucky to get a parking place nearby. As they are open virtually all day we chose an early dinner because we were attending the Playhouse in the city centre (review pending!)
We both chose from the specials board for mains and dessert- although the regular menu options all looked great. Our food arrived in good time. it was well prepared & presented. The bottled ales were local and vegetarian (vegan?) friendly.
The staff were friendly and polite without being over attentive. Décor and atmosphere - pleasant and comfortable.
Price - very good.
Booking recommended - we booked a few days in advance.
Ask about the redi-meals if you're looking to take away some of their superb veggie food.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

This was my first visit to the River Green Cafe. I met up with a friend and we had planned a quick lunch. I read through the fantastic menu and although spoilt for choice, I selected the Mushroom Wellington and then Apple Crumble with Sticky Toffee sauce. The food was delicious, freshly cooked and good portion sizes. The staff are very friendly and attentive and we were not rushed through the meal in any way, so our quick lunch turned into a very leisurely and relaxed 3 hours. Thanks to the River Green Cafe for a great experience.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

Booked in advance and let them know about my garlic intolerance.
All staff were really helpful, whilst also not making a big deal about it.
Waiter checked with the chef as to what I could have whilst also seeing what could be specially prepared.
Subtly handed me my own hand written version of the menu with all the things that were ok for me to eat. (of which there was plenty to choose from)
The food is gorgeous too.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Fab Vegan & Veg Food. Lovely, Helpful Staff. Also Frozen Meals made elsewhere avail to take home. Vegan, Healthy AND Convenient.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Excellent vegetarian food with precise details as to its content. A varied menu with plenty of choice. A range of beers and wines to accompany. Attentive and polite service. Reasonable price.