“An amazing house full of surprises”

Review of Hill House Norfolk

Dining room seats 16 to 18
En-suite bathroom
Kitchen
Designer furniture
Morning room with multimedia system
Games room with lots of toys
Bedroom 1
Four-poster bedroom
En-suite bedroom
Walk through shower/en-suite bedroom
www.hillhousenorfolk.com
Free use of leisure and golf club
Free use of leisure facilities at a local country club 5 mins away
Tennis court and the HH Kids Club
6 acres of gardens and grounds
Lots of catering options including fish and chips
Children's tea in the kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
June L
Reading, United Kingdom
“An amazing house full of surprises”
Reviewed 24 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

I stayed here for a week with a large group of friends to celebrate my 40th birthday. We all had the most fabulous time and would love to stay again. The house is amazing, there is so much space and everything that is provided is top quality. Ben helped me to arrange everything and answered all my questions promptly.
I took my 2 dogs and couldn't beleive that they even had there own treats, beds and towels waiting for them! The attention to detail is fab and you are made to feel welcome from the minute you arrive.
We used Bespoke on the Saturday evening which again was just wonderful, it meant we could all sit back and relax while enjoying great food.
I didn't want to leave I had such a lovely time, thank you Hill House for memories I can treasure forever !

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I liked it all
Liked least: The weather
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
27 Mar 2013
Hi June - thanks again for choosing Hill House. We loved looking after you all and are really glad that you had a superb 40th! And thanks for taking the time to review us.
Smoothbon...
“Best 40th celebration Ever”
Reviewed 19 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

I spent my 40th here with about 17 of my closest family and friends. Everything was perfect from the complimentary champagne when we arrived to the facilities on offer. Yes it's expensive but trust me for a once in a lifetime experience, you can't go wrong. The place is magnificent. I can only imagine how much better it would have been if this was in the summer with the on site tennis court, the bbq and the mini football field. The service is excellent and I would definitely return and recommend it to anyone. It's also very kid and pet friendly, nappies and changing facilities are available and also a kernel for the pets. Don't even get me started on the game room. It's a five star experience without a doubt and although there are cheaper alternatives, trust me when I say you get what you pay for and what we got was a service and Facilities fit for a king

Value Location
20 Mar 2013
HI Ben. Thanks so much for the review. Awesome! So so glad you liked it. Hope to see you for your 50th :)
MehulSoma...
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely superb weekend!”
Reviewed 7 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Thank you very much to the Hill House team for a great weekend! The house itself is amazing, furnished to the highest standard and with activities to cater for groups of all ages. The living rooms, open fires, games room were much used and will be missed. Thanks also for the champagne and cupcakes left for us upon arrival! The booking process was made easy by Ben/Darren always responding quickly to any questions we had and made the arrival/checkout process really simple.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything about the house
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Mar 2013
We're so glad that you had a great time with us. Thanks for choosing us and thanks also for writing a review - it's really appreciated. Hope we get to see you again.
Wai-Yuen...
London
“Amazing house with fabulous little touches and service”
Reviewed 28 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

I chose Hill house to celebrate my 30th birthday with 14 of my friends for the weekend. After scrolling through hundreds of cottages on various websites I finally settled on this one and it more than exceeded my expectations. The pictures online do not do this place any justice.

We arrived on the Friday night and despite driving through wintery conditions when we got to the house the snow made place picturesque and all the more special. The house is very spacious and the attention to detail made our stay perfect. The rooms are spacious yet cosy. The owners and manager has catered and thought of everything. Everything is top of the range and excellent quality.

The house manager Ben, was extremely friendly, helpful and on-hand to help with any troubles and questions we had.

We used the in house masseuse Yolande, who was very good. Our group had various beauty treatments and we all agreed that her rates were excellent.

I would and have highly recommended Hill House to many of my friends and family as it's the ideal getway for the weekend for any occassion.

We all had a wonderful weekend and would definitely come back again.

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
12 Mar 2013
Thanks for choosing us for your 30th. We're really chuffed that you had a great time with us. And thanks also for taking the time to write a review, it's really appreciated. Hope to see you again.
OLS74
Royston
“An amazing weekend for my father's birthday”
Reviewed 8 January 2013 for a stay in February 2012

We had a fantastic weekend here, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post a review! We stayed in Feb 2012 for my father's 70th and our party included several adults, four young children and a dog. Ben the house manager greeted us on arrival having already packed away the shopping we'd arranged delivered. We took advantage of Bill the Fish and Chip man and the Bespoke catering service who provided an excellent meal along with serving our pre dinner drinks in the drawing room. The fully stocked baby station was also an added surprise! It's no surprise then that we're returning with friends in June for another visit and can't wait. Hopefully we'll be taking advantage of the pizza oven that's been installed since our last visit!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: So many things!
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
10 Jan 2013
Hi Oliver - thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're looking forward to seeing you again this year - I hope you like all of the improvements. Fingers crossed the wildflower maze will be ready too!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing