“A hidden gem!”

Ranked #25 of 894 Restaurants in Norwich
Price range: USD 2 - USD 8
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Tea house, now under new ownership with a fresh decor offers a larger range of gluten and dairy free products as well as Traditional Cream tea! With over 30 loose leaf teas to choose from you'll always find something to suit you. We also offer Breakfast, brunch, lunch, cake and of course coffee! Never be too shy to ask for skimmed milk or of course soya! We serve food until 5pm Come in and see where Merry Berry sat when Filming Who Do you Think You Are
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in for tea and ended up having a huge doorstep sandwich too..tasty!
A small place with only a few tables sqeezed in.
Nice friendly service.Today the owner was rushed off her feet as she was the only person serving and preparing all the food.Had to wait a while but it was worth it!

ninja62, Owner at The Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and apologies for the delay in service. hope you will visit again soon

Reviewed 30 March 2018

And not only that, though that was the most important as we were gasping last Monday when we got in: we also found good cake and a very friendly welcome from Nicola ,who will chat very happily giving you guidance as to other places to visit in this attractive and walker doable city.

ninja62, Owner at The Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments. So pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

The Tea House was only open for bookings on Mother’s Day, and since we had an early slot at 1pm it was only us for much of our visit. Myself and my husband and our two young boys (age 3 and 4) thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon tea. My children were very well accommodated for, and thoroughly enjoyed their hot chocolates - my eldest still asks to have a chocolate duck on the foam like he did here! The sandwiches were dainty and fresh, no stale bread in sight! Fillings were tasty and the children got some cheese and ham ones which kept them happy. The scones were really lovely too. I didn’t think I’d like the lavender as I don’t often like floral tastes, but they were really delicious and definitely went well with the lemon curd, and ended up being my favourite thing! The cakes were all lovely and very moist, with the chocolate one being very chocolatey and rich. The strawberry meringue “kisses” were gorgeous. We enjoyed having a great choice of teas (my non-tea drinking husband now loves lapsang souchong!) and we all had a very enjoyable afternoon. Every element of the tea was well done and fresh, and I would say that it definitely gives places such as the assembly house in Norwich a good run for their money in a much more relaxed and cosy (and young child friendly!) atmosphere. Would definitely recommend!

1  Thank gudgeonfish
ninja62, Owner at The Tea House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and your lovely comments. I am so pleased you enjoyed your Mothers Day Afternoon Tea Experience. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My Mum, Grandma and I went for Afternoon Tea at The Tea House for Mothers Day. The Tea House is well hidden but situated in a beautiful part of the city. Being a Sunday the tea house was open for bookings only which meant there were only 3 groups whilst we visited. This made the overall experience really good as it gave us chance to speak with the owner (who is lovely) about all the different tea's and cakes. The food was delicious, the addition of lemon curd as well as jam with the scones was a nice change. Everything was fresh and the tea was delightful, especially the grapefruit infused.

Overall a great place for afternoon tea which I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Tucked away gem. Friendly staff. We were given good local information that we asked for. Toasted sandwich and cake were very good.
Situated in lovely historic area of Norwich