“Sorry - but we just don't understand all the good reviews ?” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 63 Coffee & Tea in Norwich
Price range: USD 2 - USD 8
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating
Description: The Tea house, now under new ownership with a fresh decor offers a larger range of gluten and dairy free products as well as Traditional Cream tea! With over 30 loose leaf teas to choose from you'll always find something to suit you. We also offer Breakfast, brunch, lunch, cake and of course coffee! Never be too shy to ask for skimmed milk or of course soya! We serve food until 5pm Come in and see where Merry Berry sat when Filming Who Do you Think You Are
London, United Kingdom
“Sorry - but we just don't understand all the good reviews ?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

We have visited this tea shop twice now on the back of TA reviews and we just don't understand why it keeps getting good reviews - is there a owner led campaign one thinks ?
Very small, and off the beaten track of Norwich you will find this cafe. Limited menu and lacking in atmosphere - you will find a luke warm welcome from the two men that run it. The one toilet is very small and old but adequate for the limited numbers off people that can sit on the hard chairs within.
We are struggling to find anything good to say about it hence our suspicion !

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank geocachegang
The_Man_Chump, Owner at The Tea House, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
I'm very sorry that you haven't enjoyed your stops at The Tea House, and that the reception given was luke warm, If it was I do appologise. We try our hardest to be as welcoming as possible.
As you pointed out we are very hidden away and rely on Trip advisor and other forms of good press and word of mouth to attract people to us, but please be assured that we don't have a campaign or ask people to review us other than the two signs on site saying that we are on trip advisor.
We don't have much cooking equipment on site so we bake all of our home made cakes from our respective homes and bring them in. This does restrict what we can serve on site, but we like to think that we offer good quality and value with home made cakes or freshly made sandwiches, potatoes and soup.
It's a shame that you didn't enjoy your stay, and I knew at some point someone would not enjoy their stay here and leave a poor review, but sadly no business can please evryone all the time.
Thank you for your feedback, we will try and improve.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
“Made to feel at home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

From the outside this Tea House looks a little more like a Cafe than a Tea House, However, make sure you go across the threshold because once inside you will find a wondeful choice of 1, Teas, 2 ,Cake/Pastries, 3, Savoury options, that are all beautifully prepared.
We ate in the front 'cafe' like section and did not go to the garden area as it was a February day. However even here I enjoyed browsing a book from the bookshelf whilst waiting for my choices to be cooked.
Value for money excellent. Service friendly, food delightful.
Right next to the Riverside walk if you are a tourist wandering this suggested route.
Near a car park [200 yards]

• Visited February 2012
The_Man_Chump, Owner at The Tea House, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you for reviewing us on trip advisor. I'm glad you enjoyed your stop in Norwich and I hope you will be able to pop back when the weather is warmer and you could enjoy the garden without being really cold. Thank you once again.
Surbiton, United Kingdom
“Great little cafe with friendly staff and amazing tea.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We came here for lunch whilst having a day wandering around Norwich and were very glad we did. The ham sandwich was delicious, and on lovely fresh granary bread. My almond tea was a real discovery and I took some home with me along with some Japanese cherry sencha tea which was recommended by the very friendly chaps who were running the place. The prices were reasonable and it was very nice to see a place that has a personal touch. We will be back to try the delicious looking cakes.

• Visited March 2012
The_Man_Chump, Owner at The Tea House, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip advisor, and the kind words in your review. Iwe look forward to you returning soon for some different teas and cake.
Doon Sooth, Norwich
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

I went here with my Mum today as it was so highly recommended by this site. We were delighted with our choice. We both had a sandwich... Hmm.. Good job we were hungry! They were delicious (we had different versions of ham) and HUGE!! Despite being rather full afterwards we could not resist the tempting cakes and had a piece each. (The decision as to which to choose was very hard!!) My carrot cake was lovely and my (very little) Mum envoyed the apple & cinnamon cake!!! I believe her coffee was good too and my tea was perfect. We will definately be back for our next months' day out together. I think perhaps the soup next time! LOVELY! Thank you.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Man_Chump, Owner at The Tea House, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words, It was great to meet you yesterday. I'm glad you enjoyed your stop and look forward to seeing you again when in our part of town again.
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Quaint”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Fabulous carrot cake, gorgeous coffee and Hot chocolate. Tucked away and gorgeous settingFelt a bit chilly inside though so had to keep my coat on.Service is tip top, warm and friendly.

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on trip advisor. We appreciate your kind words. I'm sorry you felt a little cold. At this time of year it is quite hard to get the temperature in the building perfect as it fluctuates a lot depending on how manypeople are in during your visit and how often the doors are opened. I hope you will visit us again when in the area.