All reviews garden suite city centre safety measures lovely hotel newmarket road breakfast buffet was good cooked to order minute walk smoked haddock single bed breakfast and evening meal one way system air conditioning car park the general manager birthday party wedding reception
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2020 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting Norwich and chose The George Hotel to stay in.
We arrived on the Friday and our room was charming.
However the real reason this Hotel is so special, is the staff.
The people who work for the Hotel should be so proud of themselves, you have made our stay so memorable.
We had a couple of evenings just sitting in the bar before bed and the staff, even though they had lots to do, chatted and joked with us. Alistair, Ash, Donna and Sally were so funny together, they clearly have a lovely working relationship that made us giggle along with them.
The lovely smiling welcome girls and breakfast waiting staff literally couldn't do enough for us. Our breakfast was delicious, despite the fact that the staff have so much more to do at the moment.
Now, I know that things have to be done a bit differently today and it's one of the reasons deciding to go away is tricky, but this Hotel has made such efforts to make everyone feel as safe as they can, without losing the comfort and atmosphere. Such a difficult thing to accomplish, so credit where it is due, I tip my hat to you and say "Bravo, you have done a wonderful job, keep up the hard work and David and I very much look forward to returning ".

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Julie Ashworth, General Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2020

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful review.We really do appreciate your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

Great short break in Norwich. 20minute walk to centre. Suitable covid control in place, plenty of hand sanitiser and one way system in place. Stayed in a twin room with my daughter, lots of hot water bath and shower. Had a great time.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Julie Ashworth, General Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2020

Thank you for your review, we are really pleased to hear you had a great time!!

Reviewed 26 October 2020

I had a very enjoyable stay here.
The food was almost all home cooked. I had dinner at the hotel one evening and the chicken curry was better than I’ve had at any british indian restaurant. The evening restaurant staff were very friendly and professional.
The pillows were all very hard, but I called reception and a lovely soft one was brought to me within minutes.
The ability to access my Netflix account was a nice touch.
WiFi didn’t work in the room. The shower controls were hard to use with wet hands and the bathroom was very small, but it was a single room.
I’d definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Julie Ashworth, General Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2020

Many thanks for your feedback. It important we know what you like so we can continue doing what we are doing and also what caused a few niggles so we can make improvments where necessary.Its good to hear you will be back to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

Myself, husband and my mother stayed here for 2 nights. We managed to park easily although I would imagine it may be more difficult when busy.
Check in was very safe our temperature was checked and everyone wore face coverings except when sitting at a table which made us feel relaxed.
Our rooms were spotless and the beds very comfortable with all the usual extras.
But what made our stay so enjoyable was the staff who were lovely and so helpful. One particular member of staff who stood out to us was called Ian (I think) who worked both evenings we were there.
We ate in the hotel both evenings and the food was excellent. There was a menu which was served all day and had usual pub style meals but there was also a specials menu in the evening which was slightly more expensive but well worth paying the extra for.
I really can’t fault this hotel. We will definitely be back next time we visit Norwich.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Julie Ashworth, General Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2020

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. We really do appreciate all your kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Norwich.

Reviewed 15 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed and worked at the hotel remotely while disruptive building work was taking place at our house. With our small dog, Lottie my wife and I were made so welcome by the staff and nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent and we had a really enjoyable stay. Ideally located in a nice part of the City, the George is a little gem of a hotel and one we would strongly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Julie Ashworth, General Manager at The George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

Thank you very much indeed for your great review and recommendation, it is very much appreciated. We hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.