“Brilliant Restaurant”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We introduced another friend of ours to this fabulous restaurant on Saturday. The warm welcome and delicious top-quality food never fails to impress our guests. Thank you for yet another lovely and special evening. Looking forward to seeing you again and we will certainly recommend the Mermaid's Slipper to all our guests at Grove Stables in East Ruston.

1  Thank Sally W

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We had been highly recommended by friends to try the Mermaid's Slipper and we were not disappointed. The welcome was so lovely, drinks in the lounge before going through to the dining room. Lovely atmosphere, fantastic food. On the expensive side... But really worth it as we enjoyed everything about our visit.
Definitely recommend Sunday lunch and look forward to going back one evening to try the dinner menu.

1  Thank carola51
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal last night. The atmosphere was great, enjoyed pre meal drinks in the lounge and then once my partner and myself ordered we were moved to our table. Starters and mains were delicious, the only problem was my partner was so full she couldn't finish her desert ! . I had no problem in that department. Everyone there was very welcoming and our waiter/owner was both engaging and had a great sense of humour. Would highly recommend. Nice touch was the the chef came out and said hello at the end of the meal.

Ian and Ellie

1  Thank 908iant
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend arrived here on the last day of holiday looking for a good send off.

After reading so many good reviews, why not??

The woman who owns this place seems so sweet on arrival but can turn really awful really quickly.

Firstly my girlfriend is vegetarian and there were no vegetarian options on the menu so we asked for them. There was one. After asking if the option could have some cheese as an extra we were told abruptly that this wasn’t an option.

The lovely polite elderly lady that was so polite on entry and over the phone seemed to turn into something very stubborn and harsh from then on at the click of a finger.

I mentioned that my steak was over which the chef kindly came out and explained about the cooking. He explained perfectly and I can see why, I think I got carried away with the treatment we had by the elderly lady and became over critical.

I then mentioned that the veggie option wasn’t really good to the I’m guessing owner (elderly lady) and she literally turned away and walked off, and talked to other customers happily in front of us. On asking her about this she said she was upset- It was a blatant lie.

This place seems to have ok food that is overpriced but worst of all is run by a person that if you don’t fit into the clientele that suits her turns into a horrible snob. The place is lovely and the poor young waitress was nothing more than welcoming. It’s the horrible person that runs things.

This is literally my first or second review. I feel that strongly.

11  Thank robt709
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

This is a superb place to eat can't fault it, the food and service is excellent would recommend to anyone booking is imperative.

1  Thank tarinabennett58