All reviews coach trip honeymoon suite buffet style wedding reception plenty of parking night stay main road city centre tea and coffee saturday night comfy bed carvery thursford outskirts norfolk uea university
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Booked here a year ago when booked our boat hols. Ideal Base before collection to avoid long drive same day. I recently looked at reviews and must say some reviews left me with dread.. Shall I mention the one hair on tea tray or chip on the door, er No. £45 for both of us with full breakfast. Bed very comfortable, pillow slight hard. Bedding clean as all of the Room. Breakfast as spot on and plenty of it. The only thing I'd say is could do with lamp in room to have on at evening to light way to toilet. Will book again for next year. Staff helpful and polite.
Don't miss out on this affordable accommodation, some times you can get a bargain that's worth a lot more.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Gareth S, Operations Director at Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us & I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Me and my mum and dad stayed at Brook Hotel for two nights as we were going to see The Jersey Boys at Norwich Theatre Royal, and overall, we had a very nice stay. We booked two rooms, and both were quite basic but comfortable, clean and well-equipped, with very nice beds. We had a good nights' sleep on both nights.

There was excellent service throughout the hotel. I reported a maintenance issue in my room at reception and it was promptly fixed. We booked breakfast in advance for our first morning. If you book in advance, it is £7.50 per head, whereas if you pay on the morning, it is £10.00. Breakfast was buffet-style and served in a lovely restaurant area and had a huge variety, and was absolutely delicious. We did not eat at the hotel for dinner although when we came back from the theatre at around 11pm I was able to purchase a nice sandwich and soft drink delivered via room service from the night porter.

The only major disadvantage of our stay was the accessibility factor. My mum is disabled and a wheelchair user and this hotel has no lift. Although I am sure the hotel would have accommodated us on a lower floor (as admittedly we did not specify a disability in our booking, so we were allocated to the second floor), we were quite shocked to learn that there was no lift at all. So if you or one of your guests has mobility limitations, make sure you request a ground floor room on booking.

Asides from that, a pleasant stay. :)

Room Tip: No lift; make sure you request ground floor room if you have mobility issues!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Gareth S, Operations Director at Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear you were allocated rooms on the first floor, like you said if you had mentioned it in your booking we would put you in a room on the lower floor. I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We got married here. Absolutely lovely place and treated very well for our wedding day. We stayed in the luxury honeymoon suite for 3 nights. Breakfast was a buffet style and was excellent. Food very good and tasted delicious. Reception is a cool comfortable place to chill out, also the outdoor seating area is full of sunshine. Great parking too.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shazza7142
Gareth S, Operations Director at Best Western Brook Hotel Norwich, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, it was our pleasure to be involved in your big day & we wish you many years of happiness together.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We were again booked into this hotel by our company.

This place is a little far out from where we were working in Norwich. The rooms were clean and tidy. Mattress could have seen better days and the decor is wearing thin in the bathroom. But still very clean.

Staff friendly, and breakfast was OK but not worth the price we are quoted for it. But still a good offering. Again beans are on the colder side just like most buffet breakfasts.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I have passed your feedback regarding the beans onto our chef so that he is made aware.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as we were attending a festival near by. We have used this same hotel before for the same reason.
We checked in after the festival, check in was very quick. There was a party going on in one of the function rooms but by the time we reached our room you couldn’t hear it. Our room was on the first floor. I think it has recently been refurbished as there was the smell of paint in the bathroom. The room was lovely, let down only by a shabby pedal-less pedal bin in the bathroom.
The breakfast is brilliant, a lot of choice of cooked, pastries and cereal. My husband loves the breakfast as they always have fried bread.
We will use this hotel again as it is convenient for the venues.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We have been carrying out some refurbishment of the hotel recently & this is possibly what you could smell. I can only apologise for the pedal bin, I will make sure the housekeeper is made aware.