“Perfect Birthday Romantic Dinner”

Bishop's Dining Room & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bishop's Dining Room & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 908 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A small, intimate restaurant perfectly situated on the oldest lane in Norwich, Bishops Dining Room and Wine Bar is everything you would expect from a fine dining restaurant and more. Our welcoming, relaxed atmosphere will ensure you and your guests have an experience to treasure.
Reviewed 2 April 2016

Nice food and lovely atmosphere, really nice I will recommend. High service and quality food. The only one price is high.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Edgars D

Reviewed 31 March 2016

I had heard about this restaurant from friends and as we were looking for somewhere for a family get together, thought we would give it a try.

WOW! So glad we did as everything was so good; food, service and atmosphere. what I liked most. Was that the menu offered a good selection of interesting course, not the usual lamb shanks, steak and crime brûlée. Instead choose from meals which are original and delicious and not over huge portions so you can enjoy 3 courses without feeling overstuffed!

We will definitely return and Irecommend for a special occasion .

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

There's not much to add to the previous reviews on here really, Bishop's is just a really lovely restaurant. As others have said, the chicken, pork, pistachio and apricot pie is an excellent starter, and we also enjoyed some superb duck and fish for our mains. The wine was very good too, I think we had the Barbarossa and I know we thoroughly enjoyed it. Not cheap at nearly £30 for two courses, but the portions are good and the quality's superb, so I felt it was well worth it (particularly since my wife paid!).

Reviewed 24 March 2016

The quiet, grown-up and unfussy atmosphere of Bishop's worked its charms on our party of six. Cuisine was outstanding - particularly the chargrilled asparagus and the ribeye steak - and the service friendly and efficient. All was enhanced by Alessandro's Nero d'Avola, a red wine of distinction, despite its unpretentious price.

Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

We (party of 3) arrived late for our 21:45 booking at the restaurant. In spite of our lateness (I did phone ahead), we were at no point rushed or made to feel under any pressure. Service was charming and the meal was excellent. Everything freshly prepared, plenty of vegetables and high quality presentation. Fixed price menu options are a nice feature, and a good, but not over the top, wine list. I would be delighted to return.

3  Thank simonbW8240OO