“last minute visit turned out to be tasty treat”
Review of Uno Ristorante

Uno Ristorante
Ranked #22 of 332 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Price range: USD 5 - USD 26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Based upon a friends recommendation we popped over today at 4.30 with both kids in tow. My partner ordered the half and half (pizza and pasta) and i ordered the 2 course happy meal of deep fried squid followed by spicy pasta. Our daughter had the spaghetti kids meal and our 1 year old just stole whatever he could reach. We also had a large cheesy garlic bread to start with. I had 2 pints of very nice italian beer and my partner had a glass of rose wine.
On the whole we were very glad we came the staff were very friendly the mood lighting and atmosphere in the restaurant was very good and the food for the majority was excellent bordering on superb.
Our daughter didnt enjoy here bolognese but i think that was more down to individual taste and the fact my partner makes an amazing ragu.
All in all our first visit wont be our last , that and the fact the whole meal came to under £40 means it was pub food prices for restaurant quality food.
Well done uno ristorante, we'll be seeing you again soon

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

The ristorante was nearly full when we arrived at 6.30pm and the atmosphere was lively. If you don't mind an extensive wait for either your food or a drink then the wait will be worthwhile. The staff are kept very busy due to the popularity of the place which is probably why you have to remind them your still waiting for your drink and food. 20 minutes for a drink and 1 hour from ordering to receiving your food, which was very nice, by the way. Definitely worth a visit and as the saying goes all good things comes to he who waits.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

I have been many times to this restaurant and have had good food and the staff are pleasant and attentive, unfortunately I've had cause to complain on this occasion because mine and my two daughters meals where not up to their normal standard. I ordered king prawn provincial my daughter the calamari and my other daughter spaghetti gamborini (king prawn) the menu described my dish as 8 king prawns in a sauce, with chips and salad. The meal arrived quite late after ordering and I had six and a half prawns which I pointed out to waiter, and the prawns and sauce was the blandest I've have ever eaten, and as such I left most of the meal, my daughter left her calamari and my other daughter only ate two prawns (out of three) and a bit of spaghetti. On paying for meal the chap taking the money asked how where the meals? I explained and to be fair he took off my meal and one of my daughters (calamari) I think because of the occasion they where rushed off their feet, including the chef, so can excuse the long wait, but the food has to be right. I think we will write this one off to experience and hope our next visit is back to normal.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Waiting 30 minutes for a simple pasta main with two young children who had asked for their ice creams at the same time is not really acceptable.

This was after a swift delivery of drinks and starters. No apologies, no explanations. As if this is a common occurance.

Will not be returning.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Whilst it's a nice venue and the price was decent (2 course offer) the food wasn't that great and the biggest gripe is the constant interruptions from staff!

Ordered the potato skins and parmesan, skins are what you'd expect but bitterly disappointed with the parmo, greasy, tough chicken, really poor.

The staff were polite enough but from being seated we were asked if we wanted a drink, i hadn't even took my coat off! literally 2 minutes later someone else comes over, same thing drinks order, we asked for a few minutes. No more than 2 minutes later another member of staff comes over, we finally cave in and order drinks.

Casually chatting...2 minutes later we are asked about the food order....

It was this incessant need to keep coming back to the table that really spoilt the evening, i wouldn't be in a hurry to come back with the options now available in the area for somewhere to go for a meal.

1  Thank ChrisAlderson87