All reviews lovely hotel no air con sauna steam room recommend this hotel ironing board road noise buffet breakfast comfortable bed good size central hotel tea and coffee making facilities set menu housekeeping staff family visit swimming pool bar restaurant room service
Reviewed 27 March 2017

A good quality small chain hotel close to Middlesbrough town centre and station. Clean, modern and similar to many others. Good for a short stay but nothing special.
Be warned - is very close to the A66 flyover so impossible to open your room window AND sleep!
Staff I met were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Ann_Bright, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Middlesbrough, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Dear ChiefyChuckles,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Middlesbrough rating it 4 stars. It's a pleasure to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our location and facilities are well-suited to your needs.

The next time you are visiting Middlesbrough please feel free to contact me directly - ann_bright@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Booked restaurant for birthday meal for 43 people. Also stayed the night in the hotel. The service I received from checking into room until leaving the next morning was excellent. When entering room was pleased to find a birthday card for me from all the staff, a nice thought from them. In the restaurant on the evening everything was ready for us and the service was very good. The staff were very good, Chris and Karen who were in charge could not fault them and the same for all the staff. Gemma and Jenna from Admin who arranged the whole booking of the meal were very good and kept in touch with me every step of the way in arranging the evening. The room we stayed in 816 could not fault it and enjoyed a good nights sleep. Would recommend this hotel for a stay or for booking a party or celebration I don't think you would be disappointed .

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear GLW19,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Middlesbrough. I am delighted that you and your guests enjoyed your time with us.

It is always very rewarding to hear directly from our valued guests when our efforts have been recognised, and as such I have shared your kind comments with the team; in particular Jenna, Gemma, Chris and Karen, who are delighted to have made such a great impression.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

As my husband is recovering from hip surgery we requested an accessible room

The bathroom was large and set up as a wet room with overhead and side showers
There was a high level shower stool and a lower level seat folded against the wall and a sturdy grab rail
Fold down bars around toilet

However the toilet was a standard height-would have expected a higher one in an accessible room[just as well brought own seat raiser]
Also the tiles are very slippery when wet-would have expected non slip tiles for safety

The hotel has been recently refurbished and very nice however work is still going on in the car park area and the adjoining alleyway for extra car parking is closed off
The under cover car park is very cramped and the singular disabled bay had only just enough room to fully open door if other side parked close to car next to it

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Ann_Bright, Deputy general Manager at Jurys Inn Middlesbrough, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Dear canadabound,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Middlesbrough. I am disappointed to read you felt our accessible rooms did not reach your expectations.

The building work you refer to outside is sadly nothing to do with ourselves but another development being built quite close by which as a result has meant we have had to alter our car parking arrangements.

I do hope your experience has not put you off staying with us again and would ask that next time you are planning to stay with us you contact me at ann_bright@jurysinns.com and I will endeavour to ensure you are looked after during your visit.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Positives:
Friendly staff
Clean and tidy room and public areas
Free WiFi
Close to a lot of local amenities
Has a pool and a gym

Things to improve on:
Would be nice to see a slightly more varied food menu, with some healthier options and I found it odd we couldn't order food from the restaurant menu until 6.30 but the same food was on the bar menu and could be ordered before. The bar menu did not include the 2 or 3 course deal meaning you would pay more for the same meal. Also, I paid for a large hot chocolate and the contents of the take away cup would have fitted in the standard size, so felt slightly ripped off.

For those who struggle to park, be warned there are spaces (if you can get one) but they are a tight fit.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Ann_Bright, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Middlesbrough, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Dear Hayley S,

Thank you for taking the time to forward your feedback following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Middlesbrough, rest assured all comments received are noted and acted upon where possible to improve our guests' stay with us. I was disappointed to learn you did not receive the correct Costa order, I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Manager who is taking steps to ensure our usual high standard of service is evident at all times.

I do hope we will have opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon and would ask that next time you are visiting Jurys Inn Middlesbrough you contact me directly - ann_bright@jurysinns.com

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Fairly standard stay overnight on business. Late arrival and early start resulted in not eating dinner or breakfast. Car parking was plentiful (round the back if none are left at the side)
Fairly quiet night sleep in 602. Comfortable bed and clean decor throughout the room.
Nothing spectacular nothing awful. Just average.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Nikkijade13,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Inn Middlesbrough. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.