“Great location for london”
other travellers have booked this property
Lounge Lounge
Master Bedroom
Second Bedroom
Second Bedroom
En-suite
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Meshell68
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Great location for london”
Reviewed 15 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Apartment was clean and tidy with all the amenities, close to victoria for bus or train/underground travel with restaurants close by

15 Dec 2016
Hi,

Thank you for your great review.
JuliaSH20...
Plano, Texas
“Ms.”
Reviewed 30 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
person found this review helpful

Great place to stay! I visited with a group of 6 and we were very comfortable. The apartment is in an amazing location- next door to a bakery, one block from a grocery store, and walking distance to the Victoria station.

30 Nov 2016
Hello Julia,

Thank you for your very kind review. I am delighted that you were all comfortable and enjoyed yourselves here in London
Regards

Ken
Mamabird4...
Ocean City, New Jersey
“A wonderful, comfortable stay in a fun and convenient area of London.”
Reviewed 28 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

We wanted a two bedroom two bath apt. for 6 days in London. Located on the garden floor of a building in Pimlico the apt was well located to Victoria stations for underground, Coach and local buses.
The apt was very large, nicely furnished and well cared for. The kitchen was large and fully equipped. The apt. did require a walk down/up a full flight of stairs from the main entrance which was not a problem for us, in our seventies. However, the hand rail did not extend the entire length of the staircase so there was some holding onto the wall. In nice weather the garden area which was tile rather than grass would be a lovely spot for breakfast or an afternoon glass of wine. It does have a washer but not a dryer. The owner, Ken was very nice to deal with and quickly responded to our questions and was very helpful.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Amanda M
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A wonderful stay”
Reviewed 14 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed in the flat for 5 nights joined on 3 by daughter, husband and baby. The flat was just perfect. We were met and helped with luggage and shown around. We disappeared while the cleaning was finished and we returned to it spotless. There was plenty of room for us all - we were spoilt with two bathrooms and three loos. We had breakfasts at the flat and it worked perfectly as the street has a wonderful bakers and supermarkets just around the corner. We also ate at a couple of restaurants and daughter and co went for a special meal at the Italian wine tasting place, they loved it. In spite of being of such a great street the flat is so quiet. The number 14 bus seemed to take us everywhere we wanted to go. Couldn't recommend it highly enough.
Ken was brilliant and when I forgot to pay the remainder of my money he kindly sorted this for us and was in touch with arrival details.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
14 Oct 2016
Amanda,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am delighted that you found the whole London experience enjoyable and that the apartment suited your needs. You were great guests and to receive reviews such as yours makes all our efforts that much more rewarding. It was a pleasure to host you and your Family and hope you will come again whenever you are here again in London, Best Regards Ken
Bodonian
Bodo, Norway
“Large and comfortable, good location”
Reviewed 4 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

I rented this apartment for 9 days in July 2016, together with my wife and 2 teenage children. We had initally booked another of Kenneths apartments, but Kenneth offered to switch us to this one, to get a little bit more central. Great service!
The apartment is quite large. 1 huge + 1 good sized bedroom. Bathrooms for each bedroom + extra WC. Large living room + separate dining room, large kitchen and small washroom. All amenities and the apartment looked recently refurbished. So everything looked very new and shiny. After a day out in busy and towards the end really hot London, it was so good to return to this flat, so clean and with all the space. This was my first time in London. And I had been warned that London hotels and apartments might have a somewhat lower standard in cleanliness and outfit than at home.
But that was certainly not true for this one. Really high standard and very modern! And cool. Even with 32 C degrees outside, the temperaure inside was good.

Kenneth was a good host. Replied fast on emails via Tripadvisor or by phone. We experienced loss of internett once. But Kenneth fixed it in no time. So I felt very safe renting from him, and will probably try to do so again, next time I go to London.

There only one slightly negative thing I must mention: The placement of the apartment in the building:

Its in the cellar! I was not prepared for that. In the ad at Tripadvisor is says "Balcony" and "Patio". So I assumed it would be somewhere upstairs. Maybe first or second floor. So when we had to descend on flight of stairs after entering, I was a little bit dismayed.

Except for this, the apartment is very nice. The cellar-effect is not strong, since the apartment goes through the building, with windows on one side out to a kind of light-grave, and on the other with lots of big windows and a door out to a patio which is dug out, with masonry-walls. So its not completely underground! And I guess being partially underground is what makes it cool even when hot outside. But to be prepared that you will be living in a cellar, so no view. I think it would be a plus if this was mentioned in the ad.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Size and cleanliness
Liked least: Being in a cellar
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
5 Aug 2016
Hi Karl whilst I appreciate your review to keep referring to the apartment as being in a cellar is extremely upsetting. The apartment is what we call in the UK a lower ground or garden flat. The patio is not as you refer to as a "dug-out" but at the back of the property and the masonry walls are in fact the walls of the building of the property which side two parts of the patio area. There was and is not in our description of the apartment any mention of a balcony. I am left slightly bemused by your review you state you had a great time you state that you were well looked after and you also comment on how clean the apartment was but then you go on and on about being in a cellar. This apartment is lower ground there are windows you can look out off We have had many many guests stay in this apartment and you are the very first guest to mention that the apartment is a cellar. Also Karl I have no idea where your colleagues have stayed in London in the past but I do feel that mentioning London Hotels and apartments not being clean is I think rather insulting. I would like very much for you to stay again in any of my apartments and you will be made most welcome because our standards never vary and we would offer you a clean bright and safe environment to stay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing