“Terrific Persian cuisine!”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 15 February 2017

I'm new to Persian food, so Alounak was my introduction and I am glad I was able to experience it here. As we do in most middle eastern/ Mediterranean/ Mezze places we ordered the mixed starters (which are all dips) accompanied with their flatbread (so thin but spans out a lot) very tasty I preferred the hummus more so than the aubergine dips.
I also had the koobedeh kebab which is minced lamb, served with rice and some butter, very nice I much prefer it to the bland flavours that most Turkish cuisine have and this was a common thought amongst our table. To end we shared their Persian ice cream (saffron) is a real treat too, delicate flavours and not overly sweet! I will be back, I had only a short wait for a table on a weekday. Staff are all nice and friendly.

1  Thank StephT358

Reviewed 8 February 2017

I met with a friend here for dinner who recommended this as one of his favourite restaurants. It isn’t very big so booking ahead in advance is recommend, but it does have a nice cosy intimate setup. I went for the adanaa kebab which was served with rice, and was delicious. It was full of flavour, the right size and cooked to perfection. It complemented the rice and salad nicely. Overall a great place for lunch or dinner!

1  Thank AttentiveTraveller
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Best Persian food in London. Grate Kababs and wonderful salads. Very reasonably priced with top notch service. A must stop for rice lovers!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I love Persian food and have thought about going to Alounak for sometime. Unfortunately if you don't get your act together and book it is almost impossible to get in. So we finally tried and it was ok. There was nothing bad about the place, the service was very good it just wasn't exceptional as I was expecting and there is certainly better Persian food available in London.

1  Thank GodfreydeZilla
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

I have tried several Persian restaurants in London, Alounak is the best so far,
Food cooked to perfection and great staff
10/10