All reviewsfleet streetfree cheese and winequeen roomfrosted glasstemple stationsky moviesrooms are smallroyal courts of justicespace savingchancery lanehuge tvshort stayno windowcomfy bedmod consone night stayshower and toilet
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Smallest room ive ever seen. We were booked (2people) for 4 nights. There is no way this hotel is suitable for more than 1 night stay. Our room was length of the bed and 2 ft on one side only plus bathroom. A few hooks over the kettle for clothes. Ridiculous. Ive had larger rooms on a ferry. We lost over £200 as we had to find a suitable hotel. Be warned.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roouk09
Francesco F, Manager at The Z Hotel City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Guest,

We are really sorry to hear that the Z Hotels style was not suitable for you.

We are honest about our concept, which is a compact style in central London for a short stay. We offer high-quality service and products, whilst designing the space offered in the room in an efficient way. We have lower prices compared to our competitors, and the rates are carefully checked by our revenue management team, in order to ensure fairness while keeping up with the market.

Kind regards,

Miruna Harpa
Duty Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Love the location and the environment ...stuff is great especially Zetta the receptionist... The room was clean and warm ...clean towels everyday bed was comfortable....24h reception and after midnightcheck in available

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Natalia,

Thank you for your feedback.

As a company, we take pride in our customer service, and we are really glad to hear that the staff looked after you.
We provide good quality mattress and linen, as we believe a good night sleep and cleanliness of the room, are among the most important parts of a great stay in a hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,

Miruna Harpa
Duty Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Booked in for night at the Z Hotel and for the price the room was lovely, on the small side but it was stated on the website and for one night the size does not really matter. Lovely service from the ladies at the front desk and made us feel welcomed. The shower was tricky to work out at first but was lovely when I worked it out, would highly recommend to everyone.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Francesco F, Manager at The Z Hotel City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Grace,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.

From your review we can understand that you have enjoyed your short stay at The Z Hotels and you know what you were expecting.
We are pleased to hear that the members of the team gave you a warm welcome and we are sorry about the shower use.
The mixer has got a button that needs to be pressed in order to adjust the temperature. However, we are happy that you loved the shower.
Hearing that you recommend our hotel, for us it us the best reward.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I stayed here over a weekend with my partner; although the room may have seemed small to many people, it actually suited us perfectly.

Check in was simple, staff were friendly and explained breakfasts etc to us. Everything in our room simply and modernly decorated, very clean. There wasn't a wardrobe, but a wall with some hangers on which was really quirky. Our bed was comfy and snuggly fit into the corner of the room.

The only suggestions I would make for those who aren't sure about cramped rooms, we booked a room with a window which somehow I think makes all the difference. We had a great view out which was unexpected! Some of these rooms may also not suit couples who perhaps aren't as comfortable using the bathroom in close proximity of each other!

I would say, know what you're booking before you stay at the Z Hotel. If small spaces aren't your thing, don't stay here! This suited us perfectly, we fully understood their concept and I actually found there was more than ample room. The location was brilliant, and I'd highly recommend staying there for breakfast. On weekdays they do a variety of pre-paid breakfast's, and there's a buffet at the weekend.

Thank you Z Hotel for a lovely stay, we look forward to visiting again soon.

Room Tip: Book a room with a window for the 'appearance' of more space.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time writing this review, which is lovely.

At The Z Hotels, we want to make everything easy and simple. Reason why we take the payment in advance (Due the prepaid rates) and we do not charge anything in the rooms. In this way check-in and check-out will be very smooth.
The rooms are very compact and as you have mentioned, are good if you know what you are expecting and you need a place for staying overnight. Probably our hotel it is not for guests that wish to have a big room and spend time in it. The hotel is designed for Urbanites, guests that stay all day out and want to have a well designed space, no frills and do not pay for a space that you will not need.

We do have rooms with and without window; most of the room facing outward, especially on high floors, have a nice view of the city or South Bank and London Eye. The rooms without window are called "Inside" and are perfect if you prefer an extra quite place for the night.

We are glad you have enjoyed our breakfast offer, which during the weekend is offered as buffet.

We really want to thank you for staying with us and for the great feedback, this is our best reward.
We hope you got our membership code to get discount on your next stay, if you have not, please contact me at francesco@thezhotels.com and I will be more than happy to help you.

We hope to see you again, very soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I booked this hotel while on a business trip. The value for a central location was fair- and after reading the reviews about it being small I wasn't too concerned as I would probably spend less than 8 hours in there. As long as it had a bed and a shower then it would be fine.

Firstly the good points;
The staff were so helpful- really lovely and genuinely make the place worth staying.
The Hotel and rooms were extremely clean - and I must say had everything you need.
The shower was also lovey. Having access to sky was also a bonus!

However saying that, it was the worse night sleep I have ever had in my life. I've stayed in the most luxurious hotels to the grottiest hostels and have never suffered this bad.
I opted for the inside queen (big mistake- having no window made the room stuffy and so claustrophobic) The size of the rooms is tiny- but that didn't bother me, although I cant imagine fitting 2 people in there.
The air conditioning you could not control from inside the room, you can only turn it either off or on - on arrival my room was like a sauna so I asked the reception to turn the heat down.
The room was extremely cold to the point I was shivering even under the duvet- once I turned the air con off the room because so hot and stuffy I actually broke a sweat.
This vicious cycle went on all night!
The bed was super uncomfortable and the duvet/pillows again felt cheap which is a shame because I had read good things about the sleeping facilities.
There was also loud bangs throughout the night - which although unavoidable if you are near loud guests the rooms are definitely not soundproof as described (I think the room I was in was below the café)

To summarize- it does the job and is charming in its own way.
However, this definitely isn't somewhere I would choose to stay again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your booking and for your feedback.
We do appreciate your feedback which will help us to improve our service.

Reading that we failed to provide a good night and a pleasant stay, will leave us very disappointed.

With regards about the unpleasant notes, I would like to clarify few things:
We do understand if the rooms without window was not the best option for you, some of our guests might like some not.

The air conditioning/heating system is centralized and controlled from the main system giving the guest the possibility to choose the temperature. We just set up the temperature range, from cold to hot. If this did not worked for you, we are sorry and you could have asked to the staff and would have been more than happy to change the setting for you.

With regards about the bed, we can confirm that it is one of the best quality, the mattress is handmade in Devon. Also the linen is a good one and provided one of the main company that supply linen in most of the hotels in the City. However, we do understand if this was not suitable for you.

We do apologize about the noisy and we would appreciate if you can let us know the location of the room in order to understand what was the issue. Our cafe is closed from 10:00 pm to 07:00 am

Leaving our guest with an unpleasant experience it is not what we want and we would appreciate if you could give us the possibility to demonstrate that this was an unique case. If you would like to give us another chance to prove you that Z Hotels is able to provide a pleasant and comfortable stay, please contact me at the following email address, francesco@thezhotels.com and I will personally look after you.

Best Regards