“Good food, good value”

Cuisines: French, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: For a little oasis of calm in the bustle that is Covent Garden, look no further than the our Wellington St restaurant.. cosy and with a lovely little Parisian feel, we've got a fantastic new food and wine menu perfect for a quick bite to eat or a leisurely dinner before a show. There's something to suit everyone and you'll come for lunch and want to stay right through to dinner! We're located just a few minutes away from Covent Garden and The Strand. The ideal location for a pre-theatre meal, a break from shopping or a leisurely coffee and a spot of people watching.
Reviewed 13 February 2018

Walked in on Friday night without booking, they were busy but gave us a choice of table rather than seating us where they wanted. Service was good, attentive without being intrusive. We had the Moules with a couple of extra sides and a bottle of wine, which all turned out to be very good, best Moules we've had for years, followed by the selection of small puddings coffee and whisky. The chocolate mousse could have had a stronger chocolate taste for my palate but otherwise very good. Although they were busy, and I know that they advertise two sittings each evening on their booking website, we never felt that we were expected to leave and enjoyed a relaxed meal. Had a 25% off food voucher which made the meal even better value than it already was, will definitely go here again.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

This is a great restaurant. The food was really nice. The staff were helpful and friendly. Would recommend to others.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Took my friend and our two girls in there for a meal, we felt rushed to order but asked the waiter to give us more time. After our starter we accidentally broke a glass,, the waiter quicker attended with a dustpan and brush but left the large piece of glass with splinters on the table and no one bothered to return and ask if we'd like another drink. The adult mains then came out but the girls' mains had apparently been thrown away and then had to be re made. No attempt was made to rectify the situation and the food was ok but nothing I'd want to rush back for. All in all a disappointment

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a late lunch at Cafe rouge around 3pm so it was a quiet time.
I ordered the beetroot and squash salad. The salad arrived with 3 small pieces of beetroot and 3 small pieces of squash on top of some leaves with a few lentil. To advertiser this as a beetroot and squash salad is appalling and at the cost of £11.95 a disgusting rip off. To add insult to injury I asked for no dressing and it came drenched in olive oil.
After eating, although the restaurant was more or less empty we had to move our plates on to an adjacent table as none of the staff who were stood around could be bothered to clear the table. Certainly won’t be going back.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Occupies a prime location with a reasonable brand - I had a burger which was so dry to be virtually inedible. I was with a family group otherwise I would have sent it back. I get the feeling they are so continually busy that they really do not care