“Nicely furnished apartment in perfect location of...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Susan W
Boston, Massachusetts
“Could be 5 Star with minimal investment by owner”
Reviewed 30 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

We just returned from a one week stay here. At more than $500/night off season, I expect hotel-level standards, and this unit did not come close. On the plus side, the location is terrific - very convenient and in a pleasant neighborhood filled with nice shops and restaurants. The owner and property management staff are friendly and accommodating. The flat was cleaned mid-week while we were there, which was nice (the "Free Daily Cleaning" ad is a misnomer). There's Apple TV at the flat, which gave us lots of options for watching if we chose. Finally, the unit has three queen beds, which is very unusual in London.

However, the flat is not in very good repair. What's puzzling is that all of the issues could be remedied with a minimal investment by the owner. Some of the problems we had were not dealbreakers in and of themselves, but they produced a cumulative effect of annoyance and inconvenience. They include:

- Mice (or rats?) We awoke one morning to find that rodents had gotten into the kitchen trash and spread the mess (and stool) over the floor. The property owner said this had never been reported before. No action was taken while we were there.
- The kitchen oven is broken and covered over with cellophane tape. A very small toaster oven is provided as an alternative.
- All the glassware is too tall to fit into the dishwasher and must be washed daily by hand.
- The switch for the sink disposal is under the cabinet behind the unit itself. This required crawling into the cabinet on hands and knees.
- The mattresses were OK, but pillows were hard as a rock.
- The water system roars when the toilet is flushed. This noise was loud enough to wake everyone in the apartment if the bathroom is used during the night.
- Tiles in the bathroom are held to the wall with duct tape.
- A hairdryer is provided in the master bath, but there is no electrical outlet.
- The alarm system at the front door goes off for no reason. The property manager warned us there was a small possibility of this happening, and instructed us to remove the cover, take out the battery, and reinstall. This happened every day we were at the unit, usually more than once.
- The unit boasts 10 dining chairs, but the table seats six (and the unit sleeps six). Because the rooms are very small, the extra chairs block narrow pathways. We gathered up the four extra chairs and stacked them in a corner.

I realize that some of these faults may not be worth mentioning in and of themselves. But the annoyances were constant and became very irritating over the course of the week. I would absolutely not return to this rental or recommend it if you would find the above-mentioned problems frustrating.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
5 May 2017
Hello Susan,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. Thank you very much for your positive comments and I am happy to know that you find the location terrific! We are so lucky to have a property in the heart of Central London and a very strategic location. I will also make sure to let our staff know how much of an impact they made on your experience. However, I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. I am very sorry for not knowing earlier that you wanted to avail our daily cleaning service. I have reviewed our conversation and we agreed to have it on your most convenient day during your stay. I'm very sorry for the miscommunication, Susan. Should I have known, I could have offered it for free during your stay since our promotion is still ongoing during that time. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our housekeeping team and management. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services, as always. Thank you and look forward to seeing you soon!

Kind regards,
Ika
907blaked
Tampa, Florida
“Nicely furnished apartment in perfect location of Central London”
Reviewed 23 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Our group of 7 (4 adults, 3 kids) had a lovely week-long stay at this property in March 2017.

As you walk in the door, a long hallway leads straight ahead to a large family room/dining area/kitchen. As you walk down the hallway, a nice bedroom with king-sized bed and television is on your right, attached to a nice bathroom with toilet, sink, and shower/tub combination. This bathroom also has a second door allowing direct access from the hallway. On the left side of the hallway is a jack-and-jill set-up with two bedrooms connected through a smaller bathroom. One bedroom has a king-sized bed and television; the other bedroom has a queen-sized bed and television. The connecting bathroom has a sink, toilet, and a small walk-in shower with a rain showerhead.

If you walk to the end of the main hallway, you will find the family room/dining area/kitchen. The kitchen table has plenty of seating with 6 chairs, but there are a few other chairs around the apartment that can be added to the table as necessary. The family room has a nice sectional sofa that comfortably seats 6 or more, with a nice television equipped with plenty of channels. The kitchen is perfectly fine for a vacation rental - coffee pot, refrigerator, washing machine (no dryer), dishwasher, and plenty of flatware, dishes, and glasses.

There were many positives about this property, including: good water pressure and temperature in the showers; nice lay-out and design of the property; cleanliness; televisions in all rooms.

The absolute best part of the property is that it is located in an amazing part of Central London - less than 2 blocks to the tube station (Goodge Street), 2 blocks to the British Museum, and on a safe street. The street is not that busy, with only occasional traffic. Within a block are several nice restaurants (Italian, Greek, Indian, hamburgers) and a grocery store/convenience store called Co-Op. Sainsbury's (a much larger grocery store) is only a few blocks away.

We had an overall very nice stay at this property. The reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is that there was a miscommunication about there being an elevator/lift in the building. There is no elevator/lift. The property is located on the first floor (i.e., one floor above the ground level), and so there are about 20 stairs to walk up to get to the property.

Ika and her team (Thomas, Ellie) were excellent with communication and very accommodating.

2 May 2017
Hello Blake,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very happy that Thomas, and Ellie our guest managers were welcoming and accommodating and that you had a lovely week-long stay in my apartment. I am glad to you liked the location, we are so lucky to have a property in the heart of Central London and a very strategic location that brings our guest just a few steps away from must-see attractions and modern-day conveniences. However, I am sorry if there were some miscommunication. I hope you will keep our apartment in mind. I look forward to accommodating you on your next trip! Thank you so much, Blake!
vcristori...
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome Place”
Reviewed 29 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Me and my family had a great experience during our stay. Ika and her team are excellent, friendly and nothing is a bother. They were very professional and attentive - more than happy to help – and this seemed to be exactly the same with their interactions with all the other guests.

The flat itself is comfortable and quite, although it is centrally-located. It is very well furnished and very clean! The room was fantastic, it is great to be able to walk into a clean, spacious room and go straight to bed without worrying about a thing after a long flight. The beds are extremely comfortable.

The famous Store Street and Tottenham Court Road are just round the corner making shopping and dining out accessible and a stress-free experience!

Your age range 25-34
2 May 2017
Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for your wonderful feedback about our guests. I'm sure our entire apartment team enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care, Van. See you again on your next trip!
Extraordi...
“Remarkable Stay”
Reviewed 18 January 2017 for a stay in November 2016

I have been a traveler almost half of my life and I can say, staying in this apartment in London is very remarkable.

Ika is a friendly and a very helpful host ever. She gave me clear directions to a function I was attending, ensuring parking in accessible car park and facilitating an early check in.

Everything about the apartment was exceptional, and I don't give praise lightly. It was clean, stylish, the rooms were posh and were well-equipped and comfortable. Ika and her team has an excellent service. Restaurants are close by and tubes are only within walking distances to the apartment, I never had any trouble coming in on time to my meetings!

I could go on but suffice it to say I was very pleased with my stay, and although short and sweet this time, I hope to be back for a longer visit in the future.

1 Mar 2018
Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your stay and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that our team and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the apartment in the near future.
David H
Galway, Ireland
“Fantastic trip, loved this place”
Reviewed 29 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

We had an amazing experience staying in this apartment. Comfortable, very stylish, well equipped, fantastic location, a good amount of space and quiet. Normally we stay in a Hotel but it was so much nicer sharing a large apartment with the same luxurious amenities and details of a Hotel. The location is brilliant with shops, bars and restaurants less than 2 minutes walk away. The host was super helpful and friendly who meet us at the flat and give us a tour of the place. She made sure that we didn't have any questions and asked we contact her if we needed anything. The apartment was very comfortable and became our home away from home during our stay. We would certainly come back and stay here.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing