“21st Birthday dinner”

Price range: USD 60 - USD 99
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Today we had the most fantastic dinner. From start to finish the food and service were first class. Many thanks to our host James Firth and his team they made our daughters evening very memorable.
Well done to all.
Many thanks.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Delicious, great atmosphere and service. Nothing is to much to ask!! The dishes are all served beautifully! Will be visiting again soon!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I love sushi but I have never had it like it is served here. Eel with foie gras was amazing. Lobster tempura was ridiculous and don’t get me started on dessert. It’s loud at night when there’s a dj, which we really enjoyed.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The name and the popularity is what you pay for. Cocktails are from £14 plus.. the food is good and the service was very good too but they say portions are very big so they advice to share. Portions are NOT big and you will end up regretting sharing (lol).
The Picture attached is £16 spicy prawn noodles that we were told it would have been too big for one person. Trust me when I say I am not a big eater and that dish was definitely not enough for me. The coconut and pineapple cake for £9.50 was amazing buy TINY. Finished in two bites with a teaspoon.
All in all it was good as the atmosphere was good and the service too (even though the lady at the entrance that checked us in couldn't find our name in her system even after we showed her the email confirmation).
I wouldn't probably be back for food or cocktails as my Siren' s call cocktail in a champagne glass was good but too small to justify £14.

1  Thank xmariemx
Caprice H, Guest Relations Manager at Sexy Fish, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Xmariemx,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate all feedback that helps us to improve. Please can you contact us on feedback@sexyfish.com with your contact details so we can investigate further.

Kind regards,
Sexy Fish Management Team

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I'd been recommended to go to Sexy Fish by a friend who said it was 'amazing' so I thought why not.

My first impression, & that of my friend too, was that the doorman was very unfriendly when we walked up to the door. Gave both of us the 'check up and down' look and actually physically hesitated before opening the door and letting us in. Rude. I wasn't sure if it was me or my friend he didn't like but for a split second I felt very uneasy approaching him. Considering we had both made an effort for the evening out and were smiling and looking good it did through us both for a moment or two.

Once inside we were greeted by a much friendly lady who guided us to the bar and the matre'd was also very polite and smiley. We found a seat at the bar and was spoken to quite abruptly by one of the bar tenders. But they were busy, so brushed this off. A second tender gave us the cocktail menu. After a few minutes we'd decided what to have and a third tender said, "so have you decided?" No smile.

Placed our orders and waited patiently. The second tender then appeared with our drinks. Which were very good. He was interactive and friendly.

I asked the first bar tender what the gold powder was on my friends drink and he very grumpily replied, 'it's a gold powder like in baking' no, really? Well I kinda guessed that already!!! I was looking to know the actual ingredient.

£41 for 2 drinks and made to feel unworthy and unwelcome by a bar tender and a doorman is not what I would have thought Sexy Fish is aiming for. Having worked behind excellent, busy bars and waited tables I know the difference between someone who is busy and running themselves ragged and someone who is just rude. It's interesting reading the other comments as we are obviously not the first people to feel this way.

Shame, as the decor is beautiful. The cocktail menu is great and the rest of the staff were friendly. Can't say I found the place to have a vibe per say. The tunes were cool and the food looked nice but we were booked into another restaurant thankfully so didn't stay longer than 1 drink each.

Not in a hurry to return to Sexy Fish at all. Much more welcoming bars, where my money is treated the same as everyone else's.

2  Thank Jo D