“Moules Marin-bleugh!”

Ranked #3,016 of 24,825 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Soho
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Small & quirky little Belgo branch. Beware very steep stairs down to the toilets. But the toilets themselves were surprisingly fresh when we finally arrived in the basement.

Some of the staff have great customer service skills and would probably be even better if the staff:client ratio were increased just slightly.

The food, however, was a complete disaster. The Moules are supposed to be the star attraction at Belgo, but they were tasteless mush served in unseasoned cream & water adorned with crunchy celery and uncooked onion. The frites were more like medium-cut chips which tasted OK, but the portion size was small.

The kid's meal (chicken goujons) was well under par and most of it was left on the plate even though my 9yo had been really hungry when it was served. Just 2 chicken goujons & same small size chips as with the adult meal.

This should be a great pre-theatre choice for Aladdin given the location and simplicity of the menu, but if I were you I'd take my chances eating at the bigger Belgo near Covent Garden and then walking a bit further to the theatre. Or of course there are many other food outlets to choose from in this area.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went here for a meal based on the other reviews. The starters arrived with the main course. The duck croquettes were fine. We then had a burger and some mussels. The burger was a bit on the dry side and fairly tasteless - we now know why they add all the extras to the burgers. The mussels were ok but many of them were still shut. The sauce was extremely watery and no finger bowls were on offer. They do have a good selection of wines and beers but not so good for soft drinks.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Oh wow! The food is amazing! Very friendly staff, great service and very reasonable prices for Soho.
This place seems to get really busy so I'd recommend booking beforehand. We called on spec though and only had to wait about 10 minutes for a table for 5.
Nice selection of drinks and the food is amazing.

I would advise asking for a table on the ground floor though if you are claustrophobic. We were seated downstairs in the cellar with steep, narrow stairs and low ceilings. I loved the atmosphere but my daughter started to feel a little panicky so we had to make a hasty exit and leave our friends behind.

1  Thank MrsFlufferson
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

When we arrived at the restaurant it was not a lot of people but during our stay the amount grew and by the time we left the restaurant it was full on the groundfloor.

The cheeseburgers tasted good and so did the belgo pils too.
Serviceminded and very nice staff that.

1  Thank Arthur L
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Staff was very nice, polite and welcoming.
Food was not great and indeed final bill was cheap.

I would recommend it to all people who do not understand about good food.

Thanks