“Great food and service”
Review of Orient

Orient
Reserve with OpenTable
Orient is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,951 of 25,029 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 7 - USD 40
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Orient London, based in Chinatown in London's West End, offers authentic Chinese cuisine. We welcome a range of customers from theatre-goers seeking some quick Dim Sum, to tourist groups who select one of our bespoke set menus. We also offer private dining in our luxurious Jade Garden setting. Book a table and come and visit us today on Wardour Street, next to the Chinese Gate in the heart of Soho.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We’ve tried loads of Chinese restaurants in Chinatown, but this is the best for us. The waiters were officiant and polite, and the food excellent.

WingCheung, Owner at Orient, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear GregorZednik

Delighted to receive such praise, thank you. Our servers work so hard, it’s good to hear that customers appreciate their efforts. Do use their menu expertise and next time you’re dining with us, as they are always happy to recommend dishes you may enjoy, or wine to go with it.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided to have our dinner at the Orient located in Chinatown, just a little walk away from the main gate. We went in and had a warm welcome as well as promptly seated upstairs. We had one lady serving us and she had taken our order as well. We decided to have set menu B, this included soup, shredded duck, fried rice, lemon chicken, vegetables, beef in black bean sauce. As an extra we ordered seafood Dim sum as we heard it was a favourite. It didn't take long for the starter to arrive. I must say I wasn't a fan of the soup as it was too sour for me but my husband enjoyed it. The dim sum was amazing and tasted really good, I do recommend this. The shredded duck came shortly, the lady who shredded the duvk in front of us was amazing and quick at what she does, must say a lot of experience there. The duck was amazing in flavours and an absolute delight, it was my favourite dish out of them all. Then mains came after and they were good as well. Although there was a slight confusion in dishes, there was no harm done. The service was really nice. However it did feel a bit rushed at times but that may be because they were busy. Overall a great experience and I can tell you I will be coming back for more. I would like to thank everyone at Orient for giving us a wonderful time there and for a lovely meal.

WingCheung, Owner at Orient, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear faatuansbaatu

It’s such a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed our service and food, as we work hard in hope to achieve feedback such as yours. Glad you tried one thing c our set menus, a great way to explore fine Cantonese and Szechuan dishes you’ve never tried before. Yes, seeing the whole duck being shredded at your table is quite a skill.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came here on the 31st March as a family of four. We ordered a feast starter's, duck and mains. Everything we had was delicious especially the duck and king prawns. We have been to China town before and the restaurant we visited was nowhere near as good as this place. The decor is great too.

WingCheung, Owner at Orient, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Gem

So pleased you chose Orient London and you were pleased with the food and our interior decor. We wanted the restaurant to look inviting and designed the furnishings and lighting to have maximum appeal, so you’d feel welcome and upbeat. Hope to see you again next time you’re in Chinatown London.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We had booked for 2 but our party increased to 5 on the morning of our booking. The restaurant were able to change the booking without any problem.
We arrived half an hour earlier than we booked, because the weather was terrible and we needed to get away quite early to pick up tickets for the theatre. They were very friendly and helpful and seated us straight away.
The crispy aromatic duck, with the usual trimmings, was really good. Not dry and stringy as you sometimes get in busy Chinese restaurants.
We had a good selection of main courses, including rice and noodles, which were all very well flavoured and everyone enjoyed greatly.
Overall one of the nicest Chinese meals I’ve had in or around Chinatown. We will definitely go again.

WingCheung, Owner at Orient, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Ian M

Thanks for choosing Orient London and your very kind feedback. Next time you come, be sure to try our dessert menu (we’re one of the few in Chinatown to offer so many authentic desserts).

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We only tried dim sum there. Most of the dishes were fast, fresh and tasty. Nice decor even though tables were a bit crampy. We would like to try out their dinner menu, but there were so many options in Chinatown :). Service was only ok in the beginning, my male server was a bit grumpy. It went much better after I used my broken Chinese. I find it a bit weird that some (or most?) Chinese restaurants in London expecting Asian looking patrons with good level of Chinese. Anyhow we had nice dim sum here.

WingCheung, Owner at Orient, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Mel C

Thanks for choosing Orient London for dim sum and I am glad you enjoyed the dishes you selected. Whilst all our staff have good spoken English and English is the working language of our restaurant, it's evidently always a nice surprise to have a conversation in Cantonese too!