“Good vegan treats”
Review of Ms Cupcake

Ms Cupcake
Ranked #75 of 328 Bakeries in London
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After seeing their baking recipes all over Instagram and finding out their shop was 2 minutes from our hotel in Brixton we knew we had to go. It was such a cute shop with lots of offerings - not just cupcakes but lots of vegan treats and staples. They had such a variety of cupcakes, muffins, cookie sandwiches and tray bakes so it was hard to pick. The girls were nice and friendly. We got 4 cupcakes to take home to Edinburgh (they travel well in their box if you're wondering!): One ambassador (Ferrero rocher), one strawberries and cream, one spiced apple and one chocolate and vanilla. £1 from the chocolate and vanilla one went to charity and the lady behind the counter told us which I thought was great. The cupcakes were a bit on the expensive side compared to Edinburgh but you're only on holiday once and they were worth it!

Date of visit: April 2018
Mellissa M, Owner at Ms Cupcake, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hey Emma,

Thanks so much for your kind words and this amazing review, we really appreciate it! It's so great to hear you enjoyed all the cupcakes and hopefully we'll see you again when you're next in London!

Best wishes,
Ms. Cupcake x

Reviewed 4 January 2018

So I am vegan and let's face it, cupcakes are pleasant. In this regard, Ms Cupcake is ab-fab. Truly extraordinary cupcakes! I was a little disappointed that they didn't have croissants or patisseries around, also that they do not serve coffee... #coffeeaddict.

Basically it is a cupcake place with other odds and ends on the side. If you are more of a falafel or seitan girl, or just want something like a donut (which are sold cheaply at the co-op as vegan) this is not a place for you. If you dream of cupcakes, you will have fun as these are much better than the ones involving killing baby animals.

it is not the cheapest food around but consider how much money people spend on dead carcasses, only to post these bodies on instagram later? Check out Ms Cupcake, and go to Brixton for the boombox X

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank AliceM1752
Mellissa M, Owner at Ms Cupcake, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hey Alice,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience, we really appreciate it!

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed our cupcakes. Our bakery has a 50's North American theme, so we tend to make items that are typically found in North America. We also have freshly made sandwiches available each day and we're looking in to getting a coffee machine, so hopefully this is something we'll be able to serve later this year.

We'd love to see you again when you're in the mood for cupcakes or something else sweet!

Best wishes,
Ms. Cupcake x

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We had a raspberry cake which was tasty but too sweet. Huge selection of baked goods as well as of veg chocolates and other stuff. Little bit too expensive and I miss a place for sitting :(

Date of visit: December 2017
Mellissa M, Owner at Ms Cupcake, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! You might like to try our muffins as they're not as sweet as the cupcakes. We do have a sheltered seating area outside the shop, so next time you can enjoy your treats there. All the best, Ms. Cupcake x

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I am not a vegan, but I learned a long time ago that the vegans know how to bake. I have visited Ms Cupcake a few times and a the desserts are never a disappointment. However, the “milk”shakes are a real show stopper. I find myself walking to Ms Cupcake on cold evenings just to get my hands on one of these treats. The Oreo and coffee flavors are my favorite. If Ms Cupcake adds a mint chocolate chip flavor- I might be there every night!

Date of visit: December 2017

Hey Jennifer! Thanks so much for your kind review, we really appreciate it! We're so happy to hear you love our milkshakes! Actually, we have made a Mint Choc Chip flavour in the past so we'll definitely think about re-adding it to our menu! See ya again soon, Ms. Cupcake x

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Although we are not vegans (but close) I wanted to try out this place long time ago. Wasn’t disappointed, my carrot cake cupcake was great, whatever is in the frosting instead of butter and cream cheese is delicious (maybe a little to sweet), my husband had an oreo brownie which was also good, but very oily. 2 things m, the shop’s design is quite poor and it is pretty expensive... even for take away. But at least we have a vegan bakery, right?

Date of visit: November 2017
Mellissa M, Owner at Ms Cupcake, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it! So happy to hear you enjoyed the cupcake. Maybe next time you can also try out our muffins as they are less sweet than our other bakery items. We'll also be having some redevelopments at our shop over the next year, so we'd love for you to visit us again and see what changes we've made! Ms. Cupcake x