“Quirky cocktail bar, had fun finding it. ”

Cahoots Underground
Reserve a table
Ranked #227 of 23,771 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Venture down to Cahoots, an underground bar where spirits are high and drinks never run dry! Hidden beneath Kingly Court, the late-night bar will transport you back in time to a 1940’s disused underground station. Open every day, our scoundrels will serve you spiffing cocktails, black market liquor and post-war rationed snacks, while you wait on the platform or sit in a vintage tube carriage. Head down to the station with your pals for a jolly good knees-up, with live swinging entertainment, late-night escapades and plenty of hooch to go round!
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

Hidden away off Carnaby St, we succumbed to asking for directions. On arrival there was a queue but having pre booked a table despite being 45 mins early we were able to tell the door man who we were 'there to meet' ;) and were escorted to our table which was a suitcase on legs. Service was fast and staff were attentive. Cocktails were delicious - loved the popcorn served in a tin can which accompanied them. Majority of clientele were young in their 20's dressed casually but us being late 40's/ very early 50's didn't make me feel uncomfortable. At first the music appeared very loud but after a few cocktails we were swinging along. Overall a fun find for a great weekend exploring the city.

Date of visit: January 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,239)

Reviewed 9 January 2016

If you want to get there you usually have to book a table earlier; probably not easy just to walk-in from the street. Anyway - it's fully worth to book in advance!
Our lovely experience of Cahoots bar begins from the very first minutes at the entrance and made us get back to 40's for whole night. Great service (bartenders are just amazing!), brilliant atmosphere n awesome cocktails (I felt in love with their Old Fashioned). Will recommend to all of my friends.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

I've booked a table with some friends to celebrate my Birthday on the 4th of Jan 2015.
We had a great time. The atmosphere was amazing, I Love how they look after every detail. It's like going back in the fifties, but in big style. A special thanks to Filippo and Domenico and the other waitress ( but sorry I can't remember the name ). Make sure you try this place!!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 7 January 2016

Chose this for my partner's 30th and we weren't disappointed, pre-booked for evening sitting -
The experience from start to finish was fantastic ad the recommendation for a cocktail and the beginning really helped and was spot on! - all the ones I had were delicious (not a huge cocktail fan usually) and I was so surprised they had so many I liked.
The theatre of it all is really something.
We couldn't manage to sit for long on the chairs by the wooden boxes, they were very uncomfortable and as my boyfriend suffers with a bad knee - we very appreciated being relocated after speaking with a member of staff.
The ladies were lovely, and we even got a little card a cake! - lovely touch.
The crumpets really helped soak up some alcohol too.
Haven't stopped yapping about it and can't wait to be back for our anniversary.

1  Thank Jessep666
Reviewed 4 January 2016

My husband and I took my boss and his wife to Cahoots during the Christmas break and we had such a great time. I had been telling everyone at work about it so I was very glad that I was finally able to bring someone! We arrived early so I didn't know if we would be seated as they are generally firm on their times but we were seated immediately. As usual, the cocktails were great and we had a grand time deciding which one to have next!

Every time I walk in I am immediately transported back in time and it never gets old. I highly recommend going and I will definitely be back soon!