“Disappointing yet again”

Voodoo Ray's
Ranked #4,021 of 25,017 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I am an all time fan of voodoo rays having been going there for a number of years but do think lately it has gone down hill primarily because of the lack of pizza more than once I have turned up a good 45 minutes before closing to be greeted by an overly aggressive bouncer. If you close at 1am you close at 1am not 12.15am. I work late and often (used) get pizza on the way home but it has become so unreliable I shall no longer both. A disappointed and previously loyal customer.

1  Thank Sarah D

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Shame, as the ambience and staff are great - as are the food ideas and ingredients. I've been here a few times over the years and always had the same experience - average to pretty bad pizza that's cold, burnt or tasteless. Not great effort considering there's some amazing pizza places round the corner in Stoke Newington and Shoreditch - Franco Manca, Apollo, L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele and Yard Pizza to name a few. Save your cash - this place is frankly overpriced and underachieving despite lovely people and interior.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

If you like pizza, you will love Voodoo Rays. Great vegan and veggie options + great tunes and fun ambiance. It’s cheap night on a Monday too...

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Okay so I love voodoo rays - eat here once a week. Had a night out for my birthday in Dalston Superstore (believe it’s the same owner) - went to voodoo rays for some pizza afterwards, sat quietly with 2 friends and enjoyed a meal. Voodoo staff decided to close at 2am (1 hour early before advertised time online - Christmas hours was a dead end online). Multiple staff came over and told us they wanted to go home - I get it it’s Christmas - we said we wanted to finish our food and drinks - I tried to go to the toilet - I was followed by 2 members of staff - 1 guy with a crew cut wearing black and white - another guy with a nose ring and grey jumper (general manager appaz) who stopped me from using the toilet whilst I was in the cubicle - calling me a **** multiple times - pushed me out - tried to trip me up as I was leaving the toilet - nice touch voodoo rays, really nice touch.

1  Thank Alex G
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I took the Vegan option. The crust was in one word amazing!! One of the best pizzas I ever had. Super thin and crispy!