“Distgusting food and "no refund for taste" policy if you return your food”
Review of Flotsam and Jetsam

Flotsam and Jetsam
Ranked #2,814 of 25,042 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited Flotsam and Jetsam for breakfast and ordered the mushroom dish. The menu says it comes with balsamic vinegar but that was all I could taste. It was truly inedible, so it was politely returned with the request to have it without balsamic vinegar. I was told this could not be done and that I would be charged the £8.90 because they have a "no refund for taste" policy. Even for something inedible.
I refused to pay and in doing so ruined my friend's breakfast. I strongly suggest they review this policy as it assumes the customer is in the wrong and provokes argument if you don't want to just give in. There are plenty of good cafes just round the corner.

Hana M, Owner at Flotsam and Jetsam, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. It is disappointing to hear you were not happy with your mushroom dish. We understand taste is a personal preference, however, we have had this dish on the menu for several months and is one of our best sellers receiving many compliments. In this instance this meal was taken off the bill so we are sorry you still feel the service was poor. Hopefully you will give as another chance, as we have numerous alternative options on the menu.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great little f Nd that is veggie friendly and dog friendly. Although we had to wait 5 mins for a table it was worth it. Make sure you speak to someone to put your name on the list. I had veggie heuvos rancheros which was very good. Kids got chocolates are good. The unicorn was Is very sweet and at £4 a pop too much if your daughter did want like it. It’s oftne sharing tables which I like so be prepared to sit next to strangers. We will be back not as often as I’d like as it’s not that cheap at £10 -12 a breakfast without drinks. But not extravagant either.

They do great take away coffee and savoury muffins as well.

Hana M, Manager at Flotsam and Jetsam, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thanks so much, we are delighted you enjoyed your Flotsam visit!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I am surprised to read the negative reviews on this page as I have visited F&J many times since moving to the area 18 months ago and have always had delicious food and drinks, and have found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The white chocolate salted caramel tray bake is a must, as are the hues rancheros!

Reviewed 12 December 2017

My regular cafe now. Have got to know the staff and they always remember my favourite food and drink when I visit. Always happy to chat even when busy. They mix the menu items up as well so there is always something new.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

We often visit this lovely little cafe when we visit our daughter in Earlsfield. We walk through the Common and come here. We always try something different as they have variants on coffees, teas and health drinks which we have never heard of before. They also have a range of interesting homemade cake available.
There is always a friendly welcome and it seems to be popular with young mother's and their youngsters during the day.
Highly recommended if you are feeling adventurous.