“Wow”

Price range: USD 16 - USD 47
Cuisines: Barbecue, International, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wimbledon
Description: Holy smoke is a 24 seater modern international neighbourhood restaurant influenced by wine, whisky, wood smoke and a healthy contempt for convention. Please note that we only take reservations by email.
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Third time here. And looking forward to the fourth. As usual food excellent and Cameron and excellent host giving superb advice around drinks and food

Matt and Lex

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Disappointing lunch menu, luke warm beetroot soup with bits of cartilage (gristle) from the pork ribs in it, then half a chicken on a plate with some lettuce leaves and tomato wedges. Good service, nice complimentary glass of smoked sherry, but lunch menu badly needs a makeover.

1  Thank A B
Reviewed 5 October 2017

The atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed. The service was excellent as was the choice and quality of food. The best bit for me was being with five other very special family members. The next best bit was passing on the dessert but asking for a spoon so that I could taste the rest of the party's desserts. What I was given very quietly was a telescopic spoon!!! It was very easy then to reach even the furthest dessert plate. Such fun for a Grannie!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

The food was absolutely stunning! The service was a bit luke warm, me and my girlfriend was here and wasn't treated as anything else than "yet another customer" but maybe they had a bad idea! Would go back just for the food!

1  Thank JohannesWT
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I popped in here for my birthday lunch as everyone was raving about the food. I had the starter of the most tender guineafowl legs in a rich tomato and piquant sauce. Then ate a main of pulled pork with black bean risotto which was very rich in flavour. I was full, so didn't try a dessert, but the lovely staff gave me a packet of mints to take away with me as a birthday present. I took some time to take a 360 photo of the restaurant which, you can see on google maps. I highly recommend a visit if you're in the area. I look forward to trying the dinner menu in the future.