“Birthday Lunch made my day!”
Review of Holy Smoke

Holy Smoke
Ranked #80 of 24,831 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 15 - USD 46
Cuisines: Barbecue, International, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Wimbledon
Description: Holy smoke is a 24 seater modern international neighbourhood restaurant influenced by wine, whisky, wood smoke and a healthy contempt for convention. Please note that we only take reservations by email. Please note that none of our menu is vegan.
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I popped in here for my birthday lunch as everyone was raving about the food. I had the starter of the most tender guineafowl legs in a rich tomato and piquant sauce. Then ate a main of pulled pork with black bean risotto which was very rich in flavour. I was full, so didn't try a dessert, but the lovely staff gave me a packet of mints to take away with me as a birthday present. I took some time to take a 360 photo of the restaurant which, you can see on google maps. I highly recommend a visit if you're in the area. I look forward to trying the dinner menu in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Rocked up at Holy Smoke today and was met by the owner at the door Cameron with a warm welcome. The first thing that impressed was the free sherry dished out to us as we sat down. Prices are very reasonable on the lunch menu this is Wimbledon after all. Every thing tasted great and was cooked in that smoky atmosphere that gives you the feeling this is a break from the norm. Excellent service throughout and a an owner who knows his wines. highly recommended so will be going back for dinner.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

What a magical place to be... I have seen some reviews on the internet and went there as was really too lazy too cook...
Its a small but very magical place.. warm, cosy and friendly... and smells of smoke.. which adds to the magic.
There was extremely nice aura about the place and staff was super natural and relaxed.. which again adds up to the charm.
Guy who served us was professional, friendly and genuine.. we felt welcomed and relaxed.. and its not many restaurants who make you feel like that nowadays, so we were extremely impressed.
They welcomed us with smoked cherry which was mind-blowing.. and some bread.
then we had some duck, shripms, and then fish and beef.
All looked beautifully and tasted yummy. Whole menu looks quirky and interesting.. and i cannot wait to go back.
Portions are not huge, but just enough to make you happy. Always email for reservations.. they dont like the phone calls, and reply very fast!
Would absolutely go back.. and i cannot wait to try other things from the menu.
Thank you to the long-haired gentleman who was very welcoming.. i presume an owner.. if so, congratulations on a great place! I am in love..

Reviewed 21 September 2017

OK it's not new and has evidently been open for over 2 years but to me and my friends it was new! It was a breath of fresh air to get personal service in an independent restaurant that isn't part of a larger chain. Delicious, well-prepared food in a friendly ambience preceded by a lovely smokey sherry. Perfect!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I would highly recommend this restaurant.
We were really pleased to get a table at only 24 hours notice as I know booking is essential. The restaurant was full BUT as they only do a small number of covers the service and food was excellent.
I was torn on what to have and the waiter even suggested he could mix up the menu a bit and I had a bespoke meal made for me.

It is a little pricey but for slightly more than what you would pay locally this is a much better meal.

I want everyone to visit. But I also hope I can get a table the next time I want to go.