No photo provided
Yayla
Price range: USD 41 - USD 41
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Food was good but after seeing a rat and poor hygiene from staff I would never ever eat here again which is a shame but there are plenty of other good places to eat in the area.

2  Thank Ronnie1977

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We've been visiting this place for years now (me 4 years, and my husband for moe than 10 years). Food is always delicious and staff friendly. It's undergoing renovation at the moment, can't wait for it to finish, so we can have nice family dinner again.

They serve lots of free extras - teas, mixed mezes when ordering kebab, salads and dessers after the meal. And prices are very reasonable, if not cheap. I expect them to increase the prices after renovation, but even if they do - I still will be my favourite Turkish restaurant.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We eat at many restaurants on Green Lanes but half of us choose this place over all the others. The food, the people, the ambiance - it's all perfect. Never had a bad meal there and kinda upset that it's being refurbished right now to fit in with all the other refitted restaurants as that's what the hip crowd like these days. However from what I see this is also where the locals go to eat so you can't argue with that.

Top meals... Iskender (lamb or chicken or both - always piping hot and can be done without butter), Mixed Grill (full of meat), Imam Bayildi (AMAZING).

First class every time - can't wait until it's open again.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Not a very flash or fancy place, but great food always! huge portions, great service. I love the lamb doner, I'll be back again and again!

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Amazing Turkish food and hospitality. Been here tonnes of times and recommended it to friends. Despite trying other places on green lanes, ones more highly 'rated' and with nicer interiors, Yayla still stands head and shoulders above them. It's not the most glamourous of eateries but its clean and the service is great. Food portions are huge, tasty and fresh. Things that make it special are the complimentary tea, tzatziki, salad and bread and constant replenishment. Also we often receive complimentary baklava and rice pudding after your meal. I would recommend the lentil soup, lamachun and any kebab....and the grilled rib you get in a mixed kebab is ridiculously mouth wateringly tasty.

1  Thank The_Georges07