“Five star experience ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was fantastic, beautiful setting just moments away from Kensington High street station. Well trained team, high customer service attention to detail, the team were welcoming and pleasant. The menu was extensive and great value for excellent quality. Would recommend to all!

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Nigiri, gyoza, yakitori, miso soup, .. all were good.
The yakitori was pretty good.

If one goes out in Kensington and enters a nice restaurant, there is definitely a premium to pay. Was it worth the money?
That's a personal decision.
Will not rush back next week, but will keep it on the list.

1  Thank sbe_000
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I just had diner from Koi delivered at home. We were appalled with my wife... we were expecting a nice Japanese (especially when we saw the prices)... we were sooo disappointed! The dishes have no interest whatsoever. This is a plain vanilla Japanese restaurant that prices its dishes like a premium one (ex: Zuma, Nobu, Sumosan, Yashin, etc.).
Not only was the food very classic, but also the portion were ridiculously small. It was literally a rip off considering the prices. The 8 slices sashimi is a 4 slices cut in two. The sashimi salad was also very small, tasteless, no seasoning and with octopuss (not mentioned in the menu). The 12£ salmon sashimi pizza is in fact 4 little tacos with a slice of salmon. The restaurant makes you pay 2£ extra for ginger... we were very disappointed and very hungry after this "diner"! Avoid!

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a pre theatre meal and a nice restaurant to celebrate my husbands birthday.

Ambience and authenticity was superb, staff very friendly and helpful.

Food was amazing we chose set menu £35pp. Food was outstanding but wish there had been more dishes and quantity of of food per person did not was t suffice I.e ordered teriyaki salmon and there was only 1 piece of slam that we had to share. I felt that as we were paying per person I would have liked the food to have been equal amounts for each person, dessert was beautiful.

Would definitely recommend and visit again but would be a little more cautious with choice of food.

Perfect location for pre-theatre meal at the Royal Albert Hall

Reviewed 23 March 2017

I have eaten in Asian restaurants on many occasion and I do not mind paying slightly more owing to the fresh fish, however, this venue took the proverbial piss. The portions were small and the quality was, quite frankly speaking well under par for the extremely high prices that were being asked for their food, My wife and I had four main dishes between us and one bottle of white wine, £18.50 and ended up being charged £122 in total. An insane amount for what I class as quite an average meal by far. Please do yourself a favour, if you are anyway near this venue, and should feel hungry, keep on gain and walk past, find a cafe' or fast food, you will at least get value for money and not be robbed by these pirates. Truly disappointing and very upset that I got so thoroughly ripped off by these individuals. DO NOT EAT THERE.