“Lessons in service”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: Awarded a Michelin star and 3 AA Rosettes for its impeccable cuisine and ambience, the spectacular 28th floor panorama over the London skyline may have made Galvin at Windows a destination restaurant, but the inspired menu of modern French haute cuisine makes it impossible to overlook. The most talked about restaurant in London, Galvin at Windows has a glamourous interior blending the golden age of the 1930s with a modern theme. Together with Head Chef Joo Won, acclaimed Chef-Patron Chris Galvin has prepared a straightforward range of classic dishes that are ideally suited to the elevated Mayfair surroundings. The neighbouring bar boasts an impressive collection of whisky and cognac alongside classic and contemporary cocktails served on the rare Italian Saint Laurent marble bar top, which adds to the seductive atmosphere of the room. Whether you need to impress an important client or want to enjoy an intimate dinner for two, Galvin at Windows will offer you an exceptional dining experience.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed an extremely pleasant few hours over a leisurely lunch at this restaurant. Overall I’d just like to mention a few points:
1. The special offer lunch is very good value for money at this level of cooking.
2. It should also be noted that this is classic French cookery and not chemistry so it goes straight to the top of my list for excellence as I’m unabashedly impressed by cooking skill. The dishes are well thought through and not over-seasoned which is an issue for many restaurants where salt is used as an excuse for poor flavour development. Not here, where ingredients can speak for themselves.
3. I know I’m in a deal and I may be ‘upsold’ but I don’t mind. All London restaurants at this level have ‘expense account drinks pricing’ and I’m over that. I just order what I actually want and stop worrying; unlike many other reviewers it would seem. Were the drinks of suitable quality? Yes, they were.
4. The service was excellent and effortlessly efficient. That takes a lot of work and I’m glad that it shows. I forgot to ask about the service charge as I usually pay service charges cash.
5. The views are amazing!
6. I’ll go back.

Hilton_ParkLane, Manager at Galvin at Windows Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Simon,

Thank you for such a detailed and lovely review - it is reviews like this that motivate us to carry on doing a great job and take pride whilst doing it! It is great that you really noticed the care and thought that goes into our dishes to represent highlights from French cuisine.

RE point 6: we are looking forward to it!

Guest Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,185)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Originally, we were seated away from a window. After asking if we could be moved to a window seat a waitress was more than happy to find us a table after someone had finished. She even brought new bread for us and the waiter moved our drinks without hesitation.
The food was very good and the staff have a sound knowledge of the menu as well as the wine list to compliment your food.
Excellent.

Dear Julia,

We are so glad that we were able to seat you at the window to take full advantage of our wonderful views - we hope the skies were clear on that day! We love that you really noticed our expert sommelier knowledge of our wine list - why settle for anything less than a perfectly paired wine to your course?

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have eaten here a few times before with friends and it has always been great. Came here tonight with my husband and the meal and service was wonderful (as always). They catered for our allergies without any bother. Nothing was too much trouble and we had a lovely time. Than you.

1  Thank vfrtom

Dear vfrtom,

Thanks for joining us again, we really appreciate our regulars and it's always a pleasure to serve you. It is always no problem at all to cater for any dietary requirements or allergies. Thank you for your kind words, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went with my husband and had the best food I've had in a long time (the woman on the next table kept saying omg this is divine)! The service was excellent as well. Definitely going back, expensive, but worth it.

Dear Liz,

Thank you for this lovely review and recommendation! We are flattered that you enjoyed the food so much, and we really look forward to your next visit to enjoy other delights from our menu!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

A pleasant menu, good choice & excellent staff. Great location & 26th floor views! Enjoyed the bar area first then great table by the window! Had the set meal, 3 courses for £80.00. Probably bit pricey for what we had, but was pleased anyway.

Dear Alan,

We are so glad that you enjoyed our views, service and food - and we hope to see you again. We can assure you that the views are really spectacular on a clear Summer's day!