“Pleasant pre-theatre meal”

Ranked #1,183 of 24,667 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 26 - USD 60
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Sibling of the classic Modern European eatery offering walk-in seats in a polished, elegant space.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited for an early evening dinner before attending Mamma Mia at the Novello which is less than 5 minutes away. This restaurant faces onto Covent Garden so it’s aimed squarely at tourists and our small booth felt a bit like you’re being packed in like sardines. Having said that, my fish and chips were fine and the wine was nice. The very nice Italian waitress took good care of my coeliac OH tho’ his choices were quite limited.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,616)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I came for a business dinner of 16 people. The private room was very cosy and the staff very efficient. Great set menu and I loved the dessert of mixed verries with yoghurt sorbet. See the picture.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Lovely restaurant with excellent food and helpful waitress. It was very busy but they did not object to us sitting there for three hours whilst we had a catch up

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Hi we went in for our pre theater meal at 5:35pm and only had time for two courses now I have to say the staff did explain the problem was my dietary requirements but two hours is a long time for two courses. The starter the crab and melon was ok and the main course which was a chicken breast with broccoli and chips was also ok. I would only have given two stars only for the very helpful staff I can’t see me returning. Hope this helps.

1  Thank NFSH
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Met up with a couple of friends.

Only went for drinks, went for the ice tea and gin&tonic.
Very lovely and the staff was very helpful as well. They up-sold me the house g&t but it was a very lovely choice of beverage for my afternoon.