“Awful”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Soho
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Service was terrible but I'm not going to mention it in detail because I was expecting it. I had a won tun noodle soup and cold meat on hot rice. The won tun soup was OK. As for the cold meat dish however the rice was way too soggy. This happens if you use too much water when cooking rice. shouldn't this be the most basic thing for a Chinese restaurant though? It seems they don't even try the rice after it's cooked or they just don't care in which case they should just close down. It was my first time ever getting soggy rice in a restaurant. Unbelievable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,592)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We went there as it was recommended for cheap (in London) food. Service basic but OK, restaurant basic but almost OK (don't use the toilets!), food was total crap. And that's the killer for me. I'm happy to eat any food anywhere as long as it tastes good, and this really didn't. Very poor quality ingredients, no care whatsoever in the preparation, and left a bad aftertaste. This was the same with all the dishes we had. I have been to very many Chinese restaurants all over the world, and I think food-wise this could be the worst. Shame really.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Quick sweet and sour chicken Hong Kong Style with rice was lovely. Was sat on a table with strangers, this is the norm. It is a fast food Chinese restaurant. Very few words, how many of you and pointed where to go. Food order taken quickly, if you know what you want. Food was delivered quickly. Food was hot. Then paid. THIS IS A CASH ONLY RESTAURANT. Two full plates of food, Chinese tea for two and a can of Coke for under £7.50 each and by China Town. Incredible value. We did not need niceties, just quick hot food and a drink. That’s what you get. This is not a five out of five place, it looks tired, it is like a cafe and politeness is non existent, but it is not rudeness, it is a no frills restaurant with no pleasantries. I will go again, it is value for money and anyway small talk can be overrated, if RYANAIR did restaurants, then this is it.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I had dinner with my family last week. we went there because of the very good reviews that we rerad but ended up really desappointed. All noodles tasted the same and were poor of taste in general. The only vegetable udes were onions and spring onions... only 4 prawns in the prawn stir fried noodle. The only acceptable meal we had was the braides pork belly with rice. fortunately the price was fair.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I don't often write reviews unless I am so compelled to that I simply have to. Well this was one that I just can't shake off, it left me with such a bad taste in the mouth ( literally and figuratively).
I have always heard of the infamous Wong Kei in London, they are known to have the rudest service but their food is supposedly good.
I was never compelled to go because I just simply hate rude service, I don't care if you did have the best food in the world. ( which this place did not). One night, a group of us went out and a few people in the group suggested the place to which I was fighting it but okay I lost the war there so off we went. Honestly, I wish I had left after going in. I rate the food 3/10 and the service 0/10 ( lower if I could). Upon leaving the restaurant, they were mopping the floor by the entrance with a dirty mop.
I normally feel sorry for businesses that shut but this is honestly one place that I wish it would close and I wouldn't even feel sorry for it. I have this sense of outrage that I wish i actually had the power to shut it.

2  Thank Caz L