“Worst dinner and treatment ever!!!!”
Review of Osteria Basilico

Osteria Basilico
Ranked #2,459 of 23,992 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I've been here last night with my girlfriend and friend Of mine, I've never felt so not welcoming in a place like they made us feel.
We order starter first, which was brought to us after a while and the table wasn't even set up.
Then we order a "Fiorentina", that's how they call it but not what it is and what you pay for.
So I'm from Tuscany and clearly know what looks and taste like, so I spoke with the waiter that probably was the only honest person who take the responsibility to tell us the truth that obviously it wasn't a proper one, but it's a Scottish meat.
Then we asked to talk to the Manager because the price is insanely high (50£) for the quality of that meat.
So when she came kept telling and arguing with us that was a real Fiorentina, not knowing that the waiter already told us the truth and in front of everyone she made us feel that we were crazy, she didn't apologise or anything at all instead in the rudest way she said "I can't do nothing for you guys" and seemed also bothered.
After all, possibly mad at him, she's gone straight to the waiter, who thank god was the only honest with us, and on customers watching blamed him to being clear.
Guys I've never seen something like that.
This place doesn't make a proper Italian food not all on the Menu at least.
As returning customers I can say that they don't care about it, the are NOT welcoming and the management is absolutely the worse in this area.
Train your managers to take the responsibility, to face customers and treat them with sense of care.

1  Thank Gianmarco M

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

i am a returning customer.
I've been here multiple times and i won't come back anymore.
The girl manager is the rudest people i've ever met.
I'm Italian and i wanted to have a proper "Fiorentina", that was on the Menu, and it clearly isn't that one.
I wanted to speak with the Manager cause is quite expensive and not fair to sell it for that price, she made me feel like i was mad and lying.
Anyway as Italian i can say be aware from this place cause on the Menu not everything worth and is what you are paying for.

1  Thank Nathalie M
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing Italien Restaurant! Authentic Italien Food. God wine and very nice and welcoming Service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Philipp M
Reviewed 10 September 2017

If you like good food, relaxed ambience and good service then this is the place to go. It is generally always full and weekends need a reservation.
The decor is rustic - with an appearance of a family owned Italian cafe. Not the best place to take kids as its very busy with less space to run around etc but for toddlers who are happy to sit through a meal its fine - the pizza is especially popular with them.
My favourites are the buffalo mozzarella, parma ham, veal marsala and the eggplant parmigiana. Don't get me started on the desserts they are all amazing.
Happy eating !!!!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Visited on Wednesday evening. Hadn't booked and it was packed but luckily it was a warm evening and there was room to sit outside. Food was gorgeous, very reasonable and a lovely authentic atmosphere. Recommend the handmade pasta, would definitely visit again and be sure to book first.